CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not Much Going on

So...yeah...not much going on in our lives. Still working on doing Invitro. It has been pushed back a few weeks, so instead of doing the procedure the end of March, it will be in the middle of April. It bums me out a little, because I wanted a new baby this year. Instead it will be next year. And since my brother and his family is coming for Christmas this year...it would have been fun to show off a new baby. Oh well...he or she can be a New Year's Baby. Well....if it works.
I go for my third Depo Lupron injection tomorrow morning. They hurt. But the nurse is really nice.
We met with Dr. Allen (who delivered Parker in PA.) He was so nice and excited to see us. He is will take good care of me if I get pregnant. He is gone to Iraq for a few months to serve. I can't imagine how is wife is coping with that....they have a mess of kids.
Parker has been eating me out of house and home. He must be growing. All of his shirts are getting so tight. I bought him a new sport's jacket for church, and the arms are way too long, but we can't get it buttoned around his tummy. The boy takes after his father that is for sure.
He has made Valentine's for everyone he knows. He's had a busy couple of weeks. His new favorite show is Sponge Bob. He could sit for hours and watch it. I'm ready for it to be warm so we can go outside and run around.
We are celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary this weekend. It doesn't seem like it's only been 7 years. We have sure been through a lot in that short time.
So I've been roped into writing and putting together a musical program for the Relief Society Birthday Party this year. It will be the middle of March. The theme I chose is "Hearts Knit Together in Unity and Love." I think it has turned out pretty nice. The Bishop approved it this week. I have sisters signing up for the choir. I have lined up the Young Women to sing a song with their leaders. It has been quite a project.
It was emotional a couple of weeks ago when our Dear Prophet passed away. He's been part of the First Presidency since I was itty bitty. So I feel like I knew him. I certainly knew of his testimony of the Savior and of his love for me and his witty sense of humor. I was able to meet him face to face and shake his hand. Although it was because I was lost in the church building and looking for a bathroom. I happened to run into him as he was entering the building and he asked what I was doing. So I told him I was looking for the bathroom. He said, "good luck with that." Not a very spiritual story, but it is what it is. I also saw him while I was working at the LDS Motion Picture Studio and he came to the sound stages to see the wall murals for the Nauvoo Temple. I was able to meet a lot of the General Authorities while working there. It was an incredible time in my life.
I am trying to get ready for a big yard sale as soon as the weather turns. I have a bunch of stuff I need to unload. There is no sense in keeping my skinny clothes anymore. Besides...after having Parker...my hips are beyond getting back into a size 10. I have some really cute stuff too, so I hope I can sell some. I have to get rid of a ton of shoes too because my feet grew after having Parker.
I need to go fold laundry.....that is just how exciting life is today. I need to get Ryan to build me some shelves for my closet. Oh....he won't want to I just know it.
Lots of love!!

3 comments:

Angie

Nice to catch up on your life! Good luck with the invitro!

Shell

Awww I miss ya Amy! It sounds like things are going well despite the stress the invitro must cause and the anticipation and excitement of just knowing you are bringing a new little one into this world! I will definitely have to make a trip out to see the new babes next year! Please keep me up to date and feel free to drop a line every once and a while! Luv ya!

VirtualM

Hey Amy, thought I'd have a look at your blog. Good luck with the invitro and I hope that all goes well this time around :)
I guess I wasn't at the MPS long enough to meet any general authorities. My last day was the day before they started that Joseph Smith movie, so I'm sure if I could've stuck it out longer, maybe. And I also totally understand about the shoes and pants. I still have delusions.