CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

For Crying Out Loud....what a small world


Happy Holidays Everyone!
I just love when it snows....all the rugrats in the neighborhood stay in their houses and leave me alone...it's quiet.....it smells clean....and I can go without a bra ALL DAY! eeewww
So we have had an interesting couple of days. Allow me to set the scene.... I had to go in Wednesday for my Lupron shot that I mentioned in the previous blog entry. I didn't realize that it would be such a big shot that only a dr. or nurse practitioner could administer it, but alas....so I picked it up from the pharmacy and headed to Pleasant Grove to my Fertility Specialist's (Dr. Foulk) office. He works with a nurse practitioner and her name is Ann Marie. She does the shots and schedules all the work that needs to be done. She is so sweet and gentle. She took time with me to go over my labs and talk to me about my high FSH reading, which is bad if I want to try and get pregnant on my own....but since they can manipulate my FSH (Folicle Stimulant Hormone) all should go well with the Invitro still scheduled for late March. Well, these shots are prescribed by Dr. Foulk or Ann Marie ....Dr. Foulk isn't a part of our network, so insurance does not pay any amount for physicals and pharmacy. So already we have shelled out $400.00 that we didn't expect or budget for. The Lupron shots cost anywhere from $250.00 to $500.00 each. Blah...says Ryan. He cries when that much money is spent on one thing let alone anything. So Ryan has been trying to figure out a way that we can have our primary Family Dr. prescribe the Lupron so that insurance will cover. Well...I don't really have a primary dr. My old dr. decided to leave his practice to teach and I haven't been in need of a Dr. since then. I also don't have a primary OBGYN because I have had no need or want to find one. My old OB is in a jail somewhere in Indiana and my old Dr. that did all the procedures with my first two IVF's is in Jail for enjoying his job a little too much...if you know what I mean. So forgive me if I haven't raced to find a new OB....I'm a little gun shy. Holy Moly ...I need to finish this story so I can make dinner....blah.
So I've been fretting over getting a new OB in the chance that I do get pregnant and need someone to deliver the poor little thing. Who can I trust? Who will I like? Who will I feel comfortable with? All valid questions for me because believe it or not....going to the Gyno isn't like going to the mall and finding the perfect pair of shoes...or going out to a nice restaurant and getting the most delicious food or seeing a super funny movie. It's horrifying for me to go the Gyno....what with the stirrups and the big shiny light right at ground zero....honestly.
So as Ann Marie is taking me back to her office to talk to me and give me the shot...which I was freaked out by because of the hugeness of the needle....I saw this dr. walking towards me and we locked eyes and I had this weird out of body experience which to him probably made me look like a creepy weirdo....but I saw something in his eyes too....he recognized me I think....and I was pretty sure I recognized him but I was having a brain malfunction in the fact that the De Ja Vu moment was about PA and I am 2500 Miles from PA and I was pretty sure I was still in Utah. He went on by and I went into the office and started telling Ann Marie that I was pretty sure that Dr. Allen was the resident at Memorial Hospital in York, PA that delivered my son. GAD ZOOKS! Right? Ryan and I loved Dr. Allen and wished that we could wrap him up and take him home with us so he could be my OB forever. And somehow we did....because he lives here with his family and has a practice....that just so happens to be a part of our NETWORK! He was so kind to me at the hospital that day. I was away from my family and didn't have a Dr. in sight that was from my actual OB office. He made it possible to get the epidural faster than usual and made the birth of my first born quite a treat.....as much as birthing a baby can be a treat what with the stirrups and the big bright light.:)
I have a new patient consult with him in a few weeks. I am so excited!!!! He can prescribe my meds and help save us money and give us peace of mind that we will have a good Dr. that we know and like and I can say that both my babies were delivered by the same Dr. in two different States!
The Lord does have his hand in all things. I'm grateful to Him and the blessings that he gives me each day. It's no mistake that we are here in Utah and that Ryan has found this job with Nestle and that we are in touch with all the Doctors that we are with.
We have a good feeling about this IVF attempt. We are very excited.