I know....a shameless plug about myself. Today I turn 33 years old. It has been a good birthday so far. My mom made a wonderful dinner for me last night and I had my nephew and his girlfriend with us. My mom gave me a snowman nutcracker and gave me some money and a nice card. Today has been great. We went to the hospital for an ultra sound and got a great profile shot of Penny. Check out her lips. Sticking out for days. So the technician wrote "kisses" on the screen. But I do truly hope she grows into those lips....gad.
She now weighs 3 lbs and around 2 oz. So her measurements and weight are at about the 50 percentile. The doctor said she is growing perfectly. I am doing well too...all my blood work and glucose test and such look great. She is breach right now, but they figure she'll move. I hope so anyway. I'm not worried about it yet. I still have about 6 weeks before I need to start freaking out about it.
This is me in the 2nd grade. I had tons of gums showing....geez. Oh but those glorious days of being cute as a button.So Ryan has been working hard putting up the moulding around Penny's room. Parker loves to get his tool box out and help too. although it didn't last long. The project wasn't going along fast enough and now Parker is perched in my chair watching Sesame Street.

After the moulding goes up, we will work on the wallpaper border. My father-in-law found this awesome dresser on the side of the road that said it was free. He repainted it, and it looks awesome and fits perfectly on the wall I intended it for. It even has some pink on the handles. I'm excited. They brought it down to us last night, so as soon as decorating is complete, I can get her little itty bitty clothes put away and we are very close to being all ready. I still have a bin of bottles, binkys, toys, bibs and such to clean up and get ready. I don't have an inch of space for bottles....so I have to figure that out. I need to freecycle some of my drinking vessels to make room.Later we are going to watch the 2 hour 24 show we recorded last night and have french toast for dinner. It's what I want to do. Ryan is going to take me out on the town this weekend when the movie I want to see comes out. Ryan also gave me a nice present by singing a duet with me in church yesterday. It has always been a dream of mine to be able to sing with my husband. It was his first time. I was so proud of him. We messed up tons, but nobody noticed. I was struggling getting a good breathe for nerves and this baby rumbling in my tummy. I was proud of us regardless. It's not easy to get up in front of people and sing like that. Ryan worked very hard on the song and he did really well. It was a wonderful gift for me.Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Have safe travels and good food.









10 comments:
(it is stephanie w., I just didn't want to sign in.)
Happy Birthday to you AMY!!! Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day! p.s. you guys did great singing yesterday!
Happy, Happy Birthday Amy dear! Happy days will come to you all year! If I had a wish than it would be a Happy, Happy Birthday to you from me!!
Hey, this saves you from having to hear me sing it! Have a great day! Enjoy yourself! Love ya!
Happy Birthday Amy! I am glad that you had a great birthday I don't know anyone who deserves it more. Penny's lips will just help her be a great kisser for who ever she marries;). I think that she will be beautiful.
Happy birthday, it sounds like your family is making it a great one for you! Great job in church yesterday!
Happy birthday, you're old. And your pictures look like Parker. I think that kid is going to look like you after all. Hopefully the girl will look like you too. There's nothing worse than a girl that looks like her dad...oh wait. Love ya, Happy thanksgiving.
Happy Birthday! We miss you guys, but are SO glad your little girl is healthy and on her way soon!
Happy Birthday! What a cute shot of Penny :)
Happy Birthday Amy!
Katie
Well, Happy Birthday Amy! I didn't realize or I would have called you for sure! I bet this is a great birthday with getting ready to have a baby girl! I am so excited for your family.
I'm so happy you're having a girl!! I'm always curious how parents pick the name for their baby. So, what's the story behind Penny Ray?
Post a Comment