Other than that, we had a great meal. We had great entertainment from Parker James. He decided to put on a little variety show for us Thanksgiving night. I needed to present him and then he would come out and dance and sing and tell jokes. I got a few fun video clips of him...but I'll just share one....since it's probably only a video parents can love and adore and smile at because we think he is the funniest cutest boy ever! :)
I worked really hard the week of Thanksgiving getting ready for the new couches to come and to finish Penny's room. So I washed windows and painted some letters to hang her name on her wall. Parker was helping me paint the letters and doing pretty well, but it was getting everywhere and I wasn't using kid friendly paint, so he had to get down from the table....and he was needless to say....mad as a hornet about it. He spent time in his room crying. I felt bad, but I'm the mom and that was my decision....well he came out of his room after a while of crying and ranting words I couldn't understand due to the crying. He approached me and said, "mommy, I have something to say. You are mean, and you are fired." Biting my lip as hard as I could to stop the laughter.....because his eyes and face were so serious......I told him I was sorry and we hugged it out. But I chuckled after.


So Ryan finished the room as of last night. Although I am still waiting on one more valance for the window and that will go up and it will be complete complete. A few more toys and bottles need to be washed and we are set for this baby. I know that after Christmas, I will not be able to do lots of things on my feet, so it is important for me to get the leg work done in prepping for her before Christmas, and I can focus on it and enjoying it. And I'm completing that goal...by the end of this week.Christmas shopping is done. I just have a couple of art projects to finish up. I only need to do one trip to the post office...well...maybe 2 trips....the cards may need more than just one stamp. Christmas cards are almost done. Now I just need to muster up some energy to get the tree and decor up. We had a small crisis with our outside house lights...part of a strand was out on the highest peak. Ryan wasn't about to get on the roof...it's all good...he has a horrible fear of heights....luckily his dad doesn't have the same fear and he dropped by and crisis was handled.
Thanksgiving was great this year. We have so much to be thankful for. This baby girl is bringing us so much joy. There is a long list of things on our list to be thankful for and we know that God's hands are in all things.
Here's to a great Holiday Season and a very happy New Year!








7 comments:
Penny Ray's room is so so so cute! Good job!
The room is adorable and I am so jealous because I just keep procrastinating doing Elle's room. Maybe by the time she's 18 and moving out I'll have it done! :)
I'm so glad that you guys had a great Thanksgiving and YEAH I'm so happy that you are enjoying your new couches!
I love Penny's room! So cute! I am impressed that your Christmas shopping is all done! Way to go! You're 7 months along - you're doing great! :) I hope they can figure out what is making you so uncomfortable! Pain is no good! I had way severe pains with Thomas, and they said that he was basically doing "head spins" on my pelvis! But, since Penny is breach, I wonder what would make it so painful! I will wait to be updated! :) If you need any help with Parker getting to or from school, you know where to ask! :)
Oh my word, I love Penny's room!
I didn't realize I missed afew posts. I follow your blog but for some reason they weren't being updated so I had no idea you were were blogging. I was starting to worry so I decided to go directly to your blog, and low and behold, you HAVE been blogging. Sorry!
Glad to hear you are about ready for Miss Penny. Enjoy this time.
Oh my goodness what great taste you have! That is the same bedding set we bought for "M".... but you have actually decorated the whole room, I love Penny's room!!!
Wow! Her room looks fantastic! You guys have done so much good work on her room, the colors are great. Way to go with the free dresser, that's awesome! Good luck getting everything else washed and ready! Sorry we obviously couldn't be at the shower, but there's one more gift coming your way after the holiday post office rush is over! There's only one post office here and it's crazy right now!!!
Post a Comment