CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's About Time

Well I figure since I have this blog, maybe I should use it. Parker is nestled watching a Halloween movie. I have cakes in the oven for the Halloween dinner I am preparing. It's nice and rainy outside....what better oppurtunity to sit and write my thoughts.
.....so much for my thoughts....those were it.
But we do have some news. We went today to meet with a Dr. Foulk from Boise ID who is a fertility OBGYN. He works with the embryologist that we worked with to do the Invitro to have Parker. The two other OBGYN'S that we worked with before...are in jail now for reasons that just freak me out a bit, but now Dr. Richards has Dr. Foulk and wonderful nurses and we met with them today.
This all sparked due to a conversation I had with my Rhuemotologist (Lupis Specialist.) I was under the impression that I could not do Invitro because of my Lupis, but he said that we have a good handle on it and that it is no problem. The Dr. today also confirmed that. I am doing an ultra sound and some blood tests tomorrow to see just what hormone imbalance we are dealing with and to see how severe the damage is from 3 years of not controlling my endometrioses. Once they have determined that, I will go on Lupron injections for a few months to clear up any problems and by the beginning of March will be ready to start the IVF process. Ryan and I feel excited, but I'm scared to get too excited because I know what I'm going into. I know the injection rituals and the daily magic wand ultra sounds. Not so fun....but if it means I can carry my own child and add to our family in that way...I'm for it. There is always the chance that it won't work, but we are hopeful and Dr. Richards and Foulk have really high success rates. The only real problem is making sure my eggs are healthy and that is what the tests tomorrow will determine and the Lupron shots will help. There is no guarantee though...my endometrioses is really bad and has damaged my tubes to the point that is what causes my infertility. Hey! Saves on birth control...but really it is a sad situation that I have been struggling to make sense of and stay focused with as far as not falling into a deep depression and focusing on the great blessings I do have instead of the things I don't.
Heavenly Father put this science of Invitro on the earth for it to be utilized....otherwise it wouldn't be here....so we are grateful to have knowledge of it and to be able to take advantage of it.
Ryan is trying to create a new job for himself with Nestle so that he can make a little more money maybe....still represent division and base himself in Springville so that we can stay here in our home in Spanish Fork. If this position does not get approved, we may end up looking for a position in another factory....simply to help him with his career and advance and progress. But it may end up that we move to Cleveland or who knows. Most Likely Cleveland. I hate to leave my parents since I moved back here to be with them and we enjoy it so much. But it wouldn't be a permanent move....everyone knows we love to move around:) I'm hoping to stay here, but I want to support Ryan in advancing if he can. I love my little tiny house though.
Parker is doing fantastic. He is really loving this Halloween. He makes me laugh all day. He is so funny. He seems so short and small to be so wise and full of big words that I can't believe he even knows.
We love everyone and send that love to all!

2 comments:

Shell

I had a good time at lunch, so glad I got to see you and joke around like we used to :) wish we could have stayed longer. I will pray for you for your invetro (sp?) and for health eggs :)

Angie

Wow, that is exciting news. Good luck. And post more often!