CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Blah

Life has been so boring. Well life has been ....me not feeling at all well and being tired, cranky, depressed, and in pain. So according to Ryan and Parker, life has probably been horrible.
I did reach 14 weeks this week and according to all books and experts, I should be feeling better. Well..I have gotten dressed the last two days....that's a step.
I still haven't seen the specialist, but will do so a week from Monday. So hopefully he can help me with my pain and my sadness. I have nothing to be sad about....so something is up.
In fact, potty training has been a great success the last couple of weeks. The boy doesn't scream and cry about it anymore. He goes willingly and he keeps himself dry....accept for the occassional during the night or morning accidents. Which....are really not accidents....just laziness.
My solution to our stubborn problem of yore was this: I created a "I can help Mommy Every Day" Chart with magnetic stars. I chose magnetic stars because just putting a star sticker wouldn't jog his brain. But getting stars taken away for bad behavior would crush his soul into potty submission.
So I put simple things on the chart like, potty without crying, help with dinner, help with dishes, be kind to friends, be obedient, and feed the cats, and pick up toys.
It's amazing how helpful he has been the last 2 weeks with picking up toys and doing chores and now......going potty.
The number 2 was an issue and still is. But he did go this morning in the potty and not his pants. He has been in underwear more than pull-ups the last couple of days. I know I'm not out of the water yet with him, but he has done scads and scads better and enjoys being a big boy. The chart is what worked! He loves to get stars and when he loses a star he is of course dramatic and declares to everyone that he has been a bad boy. It really hasn't been often that he loses one. Maybe 3-4 times. And he earns it back quickly.
He is getting a big boy bed tomorrow which i'm excited about. It is sad to see the little Lightning McQueen bed to to storage, but he is just getting too big for it. He is getting a trundle bed and we are going to use the trundle part as a drawer instead of a 2nd bed for now. So I'll have tons of storage space and I can empty out the changing table that has all his toys in it and on it and I'm good to go with my changing table for the baby's room. We also found him a dresser on KSL.com that matches the trundle bed and now I have my baby dresser! So far, i've only spent 100 bucks on new sheets for the bed and the new dresser. Not too bad for needing new furniture to help set up this new baby.
My nephew Craig has been living with my parents until his apartment is ready in Provo so he can start BYU. He is on his second year. He has been an absolute joy and so much fun. Parker adores him. He loves his cousin and teases him relentlessly. And Craig is so patient with him and good about it. He has been a big big big help to both me and my parents.
Well, for those of you who don't know or who didn't notice, I have a homemaker blog list on my sidebar here. There is a recipe blog that has great stuff and a penny pincher blog that has lots of money saving ideas and such. Check it out if you'd like.

1 comments:

Shell

Sorry its hard for ya right now...hope you get to feeling better soon! Maybe you guys can come out when the baby is born??? We can bowl again LOL