CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Specialist



Today was my big appointment at the Fetal Medicine Department at the Hospital. Basically all they will be doing is monitoring me once a month for the next 6. I am considered high risk due to my Lupus. Lupus patients have a high risk of pre-clampsia and other major things....however, my Lupus isn't as extreme as most, but still Doctor Allen feels better having me monitored. I like the attention. And I get an ultra sound every 4 weeks up until I deliver. Dr. Gainer said today that I will most likely deliver early....no complaints there. And I don't think she meant extremely early...just .....this baby will be born in January instead of February:)


So I finally have a printed out ultra sound. I love it. I have three shots and it is on my fridge. The baby was facing away from the screen so the only face shot the tech could get was a scary Halloween skeleton view....but it's my babies eyes and nose and it's beautiful....creepy, but beautiful.


The other shots are from the side and the baby is facing down....so legs are just hanging there...I love it!


The tech also agreen to find out the gender....she made a good effort but like I said, the baby was facing away from us and then closed legs as tight as could be. But there was one instance and view that both the tech and I saw two distinct white lines which means GIRL! So she said, I saw the lines and in my opinion it is a girl, but it is only 15 weeks and I didn't have the best angle, but right now it looks like a girl. So...I go in 4 weeks and we will know for sure...but for now....I'm going to refer to the baby as a she and I'll change if I have to. It would be a blessing if it were a girl in the fact that due to my lupus , she will come early and girls do better coming early than boys.


Parker loved seeing the baby on the screen and talked very sweet to it. It was fun for Ryan to see how much she moves and rolls. I've already begun to feel movement and Ryan is amazed because it is a bit earlier than when I was pregnant with Parker. I've been feeling it pretty well now for over a week.


She's a mover and a shaker. So it has been a good day....a long day....but a good day. Now I need to find some energy to fold laundry and mop. But I'd rather just blog about my little peanut inside me.

You know....it still is very hard for me to believe.....I know very well my infertility problems and there is more than one reason I can't concieve on my own accord....yet here I am carrying life in me and I've been lucky enough to do it twice when being told it would never happen once. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the science of Invitro and just wish every woman on this planet that suffered from my same circumstances could utilize this science and have the opportunity I've been able to have twice. It's something so close to my heart that I can't even express it like I would like.

We also appreciate so much the love and support we have recieved from family and friends. It helps make this event so much more special and makes the bad days easier. Thank you!

13 comments:

Misty

Yay!!!! It's a baby! I can see her snuggled up to you, and it is just the beginning. And, she's modest! Ryan's gotta love that! :-)

I'm so excited for you! And how sweet that Parker is already the gentle older brother! I know he will take good care of her!

Angie

"Creepy, but beautiful"...I love that. I laughed.
Congrats on the possibility of having a girl to even out the family. Get ready for the roller coaster ;-)

Chelsea

Yay! That's so exciting. Hopefully Isabel will have another little girl cousin to play with! We're so happy for you!

Crystal

That is so exciting! Little girls are fun! That would be great if you get a little princess! :) I am glad you are doing well! I miss seeing you guys at church!

Jonathan and Michelle

I'm so happy to hear that everything went so well yesterday! Little girls are so much fun, but I don't know any different!

Steph

Welcome to Maternal Fetal. It's way fun. It is nice to have an ultrasound every month and if you're like me, you'll get one every week once you hit the 8 month mark. I have so many pictures of Shepherd it's insane.
I really hope you are having a girl. I don't know much difference yet, but despite what everyone says, girls are totally fun.

Rebecca

I am sooo happy for you guys. Didn't I tell you you were having a girl. Well, I just know that is what she is. I still think Parker will be the best older brother out there.

Tracey

How exciting!!!! I think we are almost as anxious to find out the gender as you are (if that's possible!) I'm glad she's doing so well. I wish I had known it would be a million degrees here and I would have given you all my warm baby girl clothes before leaving the country, I'll have to look into shipping options! You sent me the most darling little fleece pants and hooded jacket from Old Navy when Danica was born. If it turns out you're really having a girl I'll have to send it your way because it's just too cute to sit in a box here! Your little peanut should wear it! Keep us posted!

Anonymous

wow, what an exciting and wonderful post. I'm so glad that everything is going well so far. I hope "she" really is a she and you will have your baby girl!

Anonymous

Oh my gosh! How exciting! It's been a busy week and I didn't log on until now to read your blog. I can't believe it. I know you will love this baby no matter what but also know how much you have hoped for a girl! That is so fantastic! Words cannot express. Can't wait until its confirmed for sure but for now we'll think in terms of a girl. Glad everything else about the appointment went well. Congratulations!

THE CHASE FAMILY

Hooray for baby girls! Well, we won't get ahead of ourselves. It will be awesome either way.

Shell

Awwww she's going to be so beautiful just like her mommy! I'm so happy for you!

Joy

Wow, I am so far behind the curve. I happy to hear it may be a girl. I'll keep thinking pink!!