CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pirate Island and the Owlz Game

I'm so lame when it comes to uploading pictures on blogger. I always do it in the wrong order....so yeah. This is what happens when it is hot and late in the day with a tired 4 year old who hates the mascots at the Owlz game. They were in the background so I was going to snap a shot with them and him without him having to go near them. Bad idea mom. Real tears came from his eyes even. What a boob.
In the middle of telling me to stop. He was so sad.

My dad's barbershop chorus...the Beehive Statesmen sang the national Anthem. They did a fantastic job. It was fun for my dad. He enjoys baseball games and so this was a big thrill. I video taped it....I may add it for my family's benefit.


We went to Priate Island in Orem for dinner. It just opened and it is a total blast with great food. We weren't able to stay long because we had to get to the game....we hope to go back for Parker's birthday dinner. (Note to Grandma and Grandpa Rowan.....you are invited to come to dinner with us to Pirate Island on September 15th...we'll talk to you about details soon.)
The pirate hat is the children's menu. After ordering your food...it becomes a fun photo op with mommy and son. This is my pirate face.



And this is Parker's. I told him to make a pirate face and this is what was captured. Silly stooge.





This is skull mountain. Through this hallway is the arcade and fun center. We got two tokens for just coming in and with the tickets he won playing two games...he got three pirate stickers. One is already attached to his bike.
The whole place is decked out ...there is a pirate ship inside with cannons and a plank. There is a skeleton pirate that sits on the plank and talks once in a while. They shoot the cannons and smoke comes out. You can see here in the picture a man dressed like a pirate. All the staff and servers are pirates or deck hands. They even talk like pirates. They have a play land with slides and such. They have private rooms for parties. They have a 24" pizza for 35.00 bucks. CRAZY! The pizza was yummy. There is also a stage set up.....I don't know if that is for shows that they put on or what. We didn't see anything of the sort....but it just barely opened.
The hallway that leads you to the restrooms.....is spooky! And then there is a gift shop as you exit. Super fun place.
For you locals....it is located in the old University Mall Theaters!




















4 comments:

Jessica

The Pirate place looks so cool, I'm glad that you went and checked it out. Stan and I really want to go.

American Falls TaVaci

My boys will DIE when we go to that place. And btw, Gavin HATES the Owlz mascot. The last time we went there were tears....and screams...

Tracey

That place looks like a blast we will definitely have to go there with you next summer!!!! Glad the baseball game was a success!

Anonymous

we'll have to go to that pirate place!