So....we have been bombarded with grasshoppers this Summer. And because of the grasshoppers....loads of praying mantis'. Well, the grasshoppers loved to take residence on our screen door. It was gross. Once we had a family of three living on the screen door. Well, one morning, Ryan was putting on his shoes to go to work. He doesn't use a light because....well...he knows how it is done and he doesn't need a light. He pulled the tongue out to slip the shoe on and something ran up his arm in the darkness. I woke up to screaming and heavy breathing and my light switching on. It freaked him out. Well...mr. Praying Mantis shown above was in his shoe. EEEWW! So Ryan found him on the couch after he settled down and threw him outside onto the back porch. He stayed there all day and stalked shown grasshopper. By the evening, he had caught mr. grasshopper and ate him. It only took him an hour and a half to consume. GROSS!
Penny just looked so grown up and cute in this outfit....it had to be photographed before leaving for church.
Ryan's Grandma came to town for a quick weekend visit. It was so good to see her. She brought Parker his birthday present and he enjoyed opening it with her. He got a fun CD and a very cool and needed CD holder. The kid has more cds than I do.
Again...no paticular reason for this picture. I was feeding her and she was making super cute faces and the lighting was really good coming from my back door.
Penny with Great Grandma Black.
This is my niece Julie and her husband Joe. She was married last weekend. Penny and I were able to fly out and be there for it. It was great. Such a beautiful wedding and a beautiful day. Penny was a good girl the whole trip. I'm so lucky to have such a good natured baby. Julie was gorgeous. We love Joe so much. He is a great addition to our family. Some of you remember we went to a wedding in Seattle in May....that was Julie's brother Craig. So now my oldest brother has two married!!! Crazy. They have a son on a mission in Southern California, a son at BYU Hawaii, and a daughter who is a Junior in High School. My second brother's son will be coming home from his mission in December. Everyone is growing up.
Penny with her cousin Michelle.
Penny just being the life of the party at Julie's reception.
Here is my brother Mike, his wife Lisa (or Reba McCintire circa 1989) and Julie and Joe.
Julie and Joe with my mom and dad.
A Very Happy Couple!!!
Penny and I got some alone time at the Hotel for a few minutes and we just spent time playing and taking cute pics.
One of my highlights of the week, was an art show that Parker put on for me, Ryan and my mom. He spent a morning painting with his new paints. He did about 5 pieces. Then he displayed them just so and I had to put a blanket up to cover them until the show started. Then he made me dress up like a guard with a police hat and a flag he made to stand guard so nobody could peak at the art. He called my mom and had her come down. And I had to announce and present him. He came out with his microphone and talked about each piece. Then we all had to talk about how we liked the pictures. It was cute. This is a picture of a house, but within the picture you can see a witches face. It is very cool.
Penny loves her jumper. This night, she loved it a little too much and she was all of the sudden very quiet and this is what we found.

My two beautiful kids. I love these little beings.

My mom is getting back into making her rock dolls for a boutique next month. She is so talented. These turned out super cute.








3 comments:
I'm glad your trip went well and that the wedding so beautiful! The pictures are so cute, I love the art show, Parker is just so clever!!!
I love the picture of Penny sleeping, I think it is darling when kids fall asleep in funny places.
I have never seen your mothers rock dolls. They are beautiful!
That's crazy about the praying mantis. I always, even now, shake my shoes out before putting them on. It just became a habit in Chile. You never knew what would be in there if you didn't.
Penny is soooo darling.
Post a Comment