CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

CINCO DE PARKER 2009!

So.....the big Cinco De Parker party went off well. We had a blast. These pictures are from finish to start....because I keep forgetting how these pictures download and I never get it right. Parker's actual birthday is Tuesday the 15th, but we wanted to have a big party and Saturdays work best for that. We had so much fun. Parker thought it was a perfect party.
From all of his grandparents....he got his Leapster 2. Mommy and Daddy threw in a few games to go with it. I LOVE EBAY! This was a big hit. Parker loved absolutely everything he got. Friends and family...THANK YOU FOR LOVING MY BOY! He was even thrilled with the new pajamas he got. What a kid. Penny even got to join in on the games. This was Parker's request...that at his Cinco de Parker party, we play "pin the mustache on the Mexican." I wasn't sure how I was going to pull that one off, but we found a very cool party store that had a whole aisle for a fiesta theme and I found life size hangings which had a couple dancing and the man did not have a mustache. Niether did the woman....so it was double the fun. Grandpa even tried to pin his mustache to the woman instead of the man. Silly Papa.
Parker was first to go. He knew just what to do...he felt along the wall and the door to find the right place. cheater. Everyone took a turn and it was tons of fun. Good laughs.


Of course we had to dress up to have a fiesta. So I bought some fake mustaches and we gathered a few sombreros....and then took pictures to laugh at for years to come. This is Ryan's cousin Doug. He is a good sport.


My mom and I trying to make a good Cinco De Parker 2009 face with our get up on. I LOVE IT! This is one for the fridge!") (my mom is so going to yell at me when she finds out i posted this) hee hee



And senor pen pen didn't want to be left out. She loved it.



Parker wouldn't put on a mustache...party pooper.....so I had to be sly just to get a pic of him in the hat. Grandma helped me.






This is just after I put the mustache on her. Her eyes are hilarious. I love this girl. What a little peanut of personality. She doesn't miss a beat.








This is Alyson...Ryan's cousin and her boyfriend Jonathan. They are great. We are so glad they came and joined our fun.



Aunt Rachel. Ryan's sister. She is great. She got Parker a bunch of games and a slinky. He has been in heaven this morning playing with all the great stuff. He loves his Aunt Rachel. So does Pen.

And last, but certainly not least......my dad. I'm so proud. I just get the out loud giggles at this picture. Without the hat....he got this new haircut.....and he looks like a cross between hitler and Charlie Chaplin. So the hat he is wearing....is supposed to be a kid's hat.....it just makes it all the funnier looking. Thanks for being awesome dad!




Parker had friends from the neighborhood and friends from school come over for a 30 minute party to have cupcakes and hit a pinata. He got great gifts and had lots of fun. THANK YOU EVERYONE! He loves his friends. It meant so much to him.





Enjoying opening his gifts.


A picture with pinata. We went through all the kids twice. The pinata only got beheaded. So we had Ryan beat on it...it still wouldn't break. Finally he just grabbed it and tore it open and dumped it. The kids didn't care...they went nuts filling their bags.


A shot of all the cute kids waiting their turn for a shot at the pinata.




I've already shown off the cake. But it was awesome. Hard to cut into it. It tasted extremely yummy too. Thanks mom. You are good to me and my kids. Parker teased her at first and said it wasn't that great of a cake. He knows how to tease. Then I told him to go and tell her how he really felt. He jumped out of his chair....grabbed her and hugged her and told her thank you and it was the best cake ever!




It's not a fiesta without some decorations! parker did a good job at helping me plan his big party. He actually is very good at it. He needs to help me plan Penny's parties too! Her first birthday is in 4 1/2 months......gad time is flying by so fast!





Birthday fun isn't over yet either. Tuesday night we are taking both sets of grandparents to Pirate Island with us for dinner and fun. It probably seems like we spoil him....and we do. When I think about those 4 years trying to get him...tears come to my eyes. He was very much wanted...and we went through hell to get him here. And that being said....he has always been such a happy, loving, thoughtful boy who is so happy to be on this earth and be a part of this family. We love him more than anyone could know. We make a big deal out of his birthday...we always have...and we always will until he is of the age where he rolls his eyes at us and tells us we are embarrasing. I know that time is coming sooner than I want it to. So we are going to milk and enjoy every minute with him. He is a joy. We are proud of him. Even when he throws those awful dramatic tantrums and slams his bedroom door....what a joy he is.
Thanks to all who made this birthday party so much fun. He's already talking about next year's party.....dinosaurs....he tells me. :)






















































































































6 comments:

Unknown

I love your comments Amy - and for the record I agree with you! How much different would this world be if all the parent adore, wanted and loved their children the way you do! You are a great Mom and I'm so happy for your happiness! Happy Cinco de Parker!

Leah

Happy birthday Parker! You are an awesome mom!! Love the pictures especially you and your mom.

shell8170

hahaha Amy you have the best parties!!!

Rebecca

Love the pictures, especially the mustach (sp?). Daerik had a blast there. Thanks for inviting him.

Tracey

Looks like the party was a real hit!!! What a fantastic idea! The cake is darling and I can't get over all the mustaches, awesome!!!

Stephne

I have to say, that is the cutest frickin cake ever!!!!! So tallented! Looks like it was a fun party!