CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Neglected 3 Year Old

So, yeah....we are all sick today. Parker has been battling a fever and a cough for a couple of weeks. He hasn't had a fever for two days. But Ryan woke up early this morning with a temperature of 102 and only Tylenol is keeping it down. I feel like i've been hit by 5 trucks other than my usual 2 trucks. So Parker is feeling neglected and as I type this, he is in his room with his harmonica like an old depressed cowboy. Ryan and I do not feel good enough to play with him so he's playing the blues in his room.
My trees in my back yard have buds on them. I'm very excited that something we planted is actually staying alive. Now for our tiny Japanese Maple in the front yard....well....we'll have to see how this season goes. The wind is so strong and blows it from here to Tuesday. I did plant tulips in my front garden and hope that I did it right and that they come up soon. We were so teased with warm weather last week and now it is cold and bitter and cloudy and gloomy. BLAH
So the snow in the back yard melted and I noticed these tracks....deep tracks eaten through the grass that come from the field and circle around one of the trees and go up into the yard a bit. I figured the ground had settled since putting in our grass....but then Ryan found mouse droppings in the tracks. EEEEEK and then a double EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!! What the hell?! My neighbors don't have these creepy tracks in their yard. The only difference is in our yards...is that we have big piles of grass clippings along the border of the barbed wire fence. Probably a pretty groovy mouse pad for the field mice right? EEEEEEEEK. I talked to my brother who is an excellen exterminator. He said to put a plastic bubble around my yard to keep the mice out. Don't think I won't. Mice eating through my grass and trying to make my back yard their mouse pad....the nerve. It's just completely disgusting. So I want Ryan to do something about the piles of grass out there....can't imagine what will happen when he starts digging at those piles.....EEEEEEEEEEK. I can't use poison anywhere because of my kitties. And Patches....she is a good mouse catcher...only problem is that she likes to play with it and injure it and then bring it in my garage and put it in a nice safe place. Which means I go digging into a corner to find a toy or tool and .....BAM....there it is....nice and black and creepy and crawly....EEEEEEEEEK!
I'm ready for the bubble.
This week has been very stressful and I'm extremely tired. But I'm hanging in there. My next Lupron shot isn't for a couple of weeks. However....after my next shot comes the Relief Society Program that I'm involved in. It's about a week after I get the shot. That ought to be good times. I'm going to be a little she devil....crying and yelling....it will be such a spiritual event.
I had a complete break down in front of my Craft Group friends at Enrichment last month. These hormone shots just got the best of me and I freaked out and cried and bitched and moaned about everything. Their eyes were like silver dollars....they didn't know what to do. So the Relief Society Program should be tons of fun. Maybe we can use that as a promotional tool....come watch the fat lady freak out as she tries to direct the choir and hold it together....will she or will she not blow?
And I blow over nothing. I seriously start to cry and then it doesn't stop for like 3 days. And there is no reason for the crying. Poor Ryan....he gets the worst of it. He probably feels so lucky to have to go to work for 10 hours a day.
The procedure date for the Invitro has been bumped to April 18th...that will be egg retrieval day and the 20th will be embryo plant day.
I'm struggling to keep a positive attitude about the whole thing. I was so positive a couple of months ago, but as it nears.....I just figure.....it won't work...and there goes 10,000 dollars that could have built us a nice fence or plastic bubble for our yard. I'm sure the raging hormones are not helping my attitude....but I'm doing my best.
My mom and dad have been sick too....my mom mostly. But she is making our dinner tonight for us. She helps me out so much. I don't know what I would do without her down the street.
Parker is looking forward to Easter. He asks me about it every single day. He still loves Primary and does so well. He was very reverant and was chosen to pick a song to sing. He chose "Old Mcdonald Had A Farm." Which isn't totally appropriate for church, but the kids sang it and loved and it all sang very well. He was asked to sing in Church in June. I really don't think I'll be able to get him to do it. He loves to sing and he does it well but he's also very shy. So it will probaby end up a duet with me and my dad. But I'm going to work on it because how cute would it be for a handsome 3 year old singing in Church. I think I sang in church when I was that young....so maybe I can get him to do it.
Well....those are my happenings. Love to all.

3 comments:

Jonathan and Michelle

I am so sorry to hear that you guys have all been sick! If you need absolutely anything please don't hesitate to call me or send the "blues singer" across the street!

THE CHASE FAMILY

I hope you guys feel better. Linc hasn't stopped talking about how Parker is sick since we came by to see if he could play. He is very distressed. Come out and play soon. Yeah, and speaking of mice...had a nightmare last night that our neighborhood was invaded by mice and rats. When you're better I'll have to tell you the whole dream...it was awful, but kind of funny! Hang in there!

Shell

That's stinks about everyone being sick and then the whole procedures come up must be a huge stress on you...wish I was there so we could go do girly things and take your mind off of everything! You can call if you ever just need to vent. That pic of parker in the apron hahahahah so cute!!!!