CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What the ?

Yes....a new phrase for Parker James that I only have myself to blame. Everytime he sees something strange or is confused by something I say.....he utters a common Rowan household question, "What the Hell?" No...I'm not proud...but it's dang funny. I told him that it is appropriate for boys to say What the heck. Just want to make sure he's a true Utah Mormon:) j/k
So I was reading up on the side effects of Lupron and found that most women who do the treatments whether it be for IVF or Endometriosis also have the same symptoms or side effects as I do. I am 33 years old for crying out loud....and mind you....I have Lupus which is a whole other ball of wax. But today I feel like i am in my mid to late 80's at best. It's like my legs have forgotten how to walk and I have to struggle and think about each step. I also have a slight fever. And seriously...with everything I got and everything that is going on...is it side effect, lupus, sun exposure, meds, or just plain some sort of bug. Oh well....it was quite the day. So my mom had Parker for a bit and then my in-laws took him for the evening while Ryan was at Barbershop Chorus Practice. (No...it's not just for really old men.)
Overall I think i've done really well with this month's Lupron shot. Last Friday is a day I would like to just forget about. I felt bloated like a balloon. I had no clothes to wear. I just hated being alive. Luckily it was the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. I should have just stayed home....but oh no....didn't want to miss Parker having fun. I ended up sitting in the car the whole time because I couldn't stop crying.....for no Freakin' reason.
Sunday, Parker had a fever. I don't know what was going on with that child. Monday he seemed fine and yesterday too. He was sure a mr. mcgrumppants today but that is probably because I was so out of it and feverish and fatigued and I wasn't playing with him or paying as much attention to him as I would have liked or he would have liked so we both just cried. He was begging me to go to Granny's house. Man....I sucked today as a mom.
So I go day by day. Tomorrow maybe I'll feel great. And maybe not. This is a great adventure. I've been more depressed lately though than bitterly angry like other months.
Twelve days until the big injection days start. Ryan and I are almost done with atibiotics which have made us super sensative to the sun....so spending like 10 minutes outside....yeah....we are burnt to a crisp. He more than I. Poor guy. He has to go through all of this because my body is just not wired properly. He's a good guy for sticking with me through all of this.
Parker was fun during Easter. He got a toddler Ipod. It has headphones and everything. You should see him rock out to it. And the best part....we don't have to hear all the little annoying songs. And my mother in-law gave him a pair of roller skates. It's just too funny to see him on the roller skates rocking out to the ipod. All he needs is a pair of short shorts and striped knee high socks and he is so 1978.
Stay tuned for more outrageous hormonal incidents coming soon!

5 comments:

Jonathan and Michelle

Good luck with everything, I hope that you are feeling better today. If you ever need somewhere for Parker to come and please don't ever hesitate to give me a call and send him across the street!

VirtualM

I'm pretty sure that my kid is going to swear at a young age as well :) Best of luck with everything!

Shell

hahahaha oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard when I read this! First the swearing and then the skater shorts thing LOL Hope you are feeling better! love ya!

Sous Chef Mom

Ooooooh how funny!!! :)

Where is the pics of the skating ipod rocking kid! I would love to see :)

Steph

Scarlett's favorite word is dammit. I also only have myself to blame.