Well, we are finally healthy....kind of. Ryan seems to be doing great. Parker still has a stuffy nose that just keeps hanging on. And I am still congested, but my energy is back and I can do all of my normal things.But the star of this week is of course Parker James. He has been so funny this week. On Wednesdays, my dad and husband go to Barberhop Chorus practice. That leaves me and my mom and Parker to hang out. So we usually go out to dinner. We went to our favorite place....The Mongolian Grill .....in Springville. I make Parker a plate of noodles and chicken and then he loves to have some fried rice with it. Well....fried rice has peas in it. He isn't a fan. My mom and I are eating away and it is getting towards the end of the meal when Parker all of the sudden gasps. We look. He has this look of terror in his face and eyes. His eyes are as big as silver dollars and his mouth stretched as if he had just seen a ghost and can no longer move. And he says, "Mommy, I think I ate a pea!!!" It was as if he only had seconds more to live as he told me. My mom and I just busted up laughing. Still the look of horror has not left his face. I asked, "How was it?" Now he has a deep look of thought and his eyes are going back and forth ....back and forth....and he says, "Uh uh uh uh ......it was fantastic Mommy!!!" Maybe you had to be there for the facial expressions, but it was just good stuff.
Yesterday, I wanted to help my mom go to the storage unit to get her huge 3 dimensional rabbit for her front yard. (An Easter Decoration) I thought the plan was for my mom to drive the truck and Parker and I would follow in our car. So Parker was pretty jazzed up about going to get the large bunny from storage. Well...plans changed and I was just going to drive over with my dad and Parker would stay at home with mom. So off we go outside to walk down to Granny's house. I was trying to prep him that he was going to stay behind and only Papa and I would go. He stopped in his tracks. And while lifting his hand to his forehead for dramatic emphasis says,
" AAAAHHHHH DAMN IT!" So, I confess....I was a little bit proud. But I didn't laugh...I just simply said we shouldn't say that now let's go. But it was pretty good stuff. It's the first time he has ever sworn which......living with me.....is quite a feat.
So....one night Parker is lying on the floor on his back throwing one of his famous tantrums. There is kicking and crying and hammering of fists. So Ryan and I just fall to the ground on our backs and start kicking and crying and hammering our fists. This got him laughing. And he came running and jumped on Ryan's stomach. So I want in on the fun so I go over and try to do my own version of a Parker Cannonball......so picture if you will....Ryan is on his back. Parker is lying on Ryan's stomach and I go over and just drape my body over the two. Now I'm being careful...I'm not crushing Parker but there is part of my body that is up against his head. And he's yelping for dear life because he thinks I'm hurting him...which I'm not. so I get up and let him up. And he keeps saying,"ouch mommy" And then.......drum roll......."mommy you hurt me in your boobs." Needless to say....Ryan laughed so hard, he couldn't breathe. He got a real kick out of that.
Happy Blogging!








4 comments:
hahahaha that was some funny reading!!! I enjoy your stories so much I can picture you telling them and they always crack me up!
LOLOL Parker is a nut! That is fabulous!
Hi Amy,
It was fun getting your comment on my blog! I got your link from Shelley. I'm excited to have another blog to check!
Going out to eat with Parker and your mom once a weeks sounds so nice! I'm all for anything that involves food!
Those stories are hilarious! You can always count on Parker to tell you how he feels.
Post a Comment