CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

A good Day!

I had an OB appointment today. I was looking forward to it because I had many questions regarding her being breach and all the constant contractions. He was going to check if I was dialating, but I quickly nipped that one in the bud....I can wait. But he, after checking the heartbeat and measuring, thought that she had turned. He was going to get the ultra sound machine for me, but I had just scheduled a 3D ultra sound for just after so figured I would know in a minute.
Now, 3d ultra sounds are expensive and elective and not necessary. But Ryan mentioned that he really wanted to do it this go around because we did it with Parker James. And the only reason we did it with Parker James is because my doctor only did 9 weeks ultra sounds not 20 weeks. And we wanted to know the gender. So anywho...last week we looked into 3D ultra sounds....but they were way too much money. But as I was at the Doc, I saw a flyer that the Doctor's office does it for only 80 bucks and you get pics and dvd with it. SOLD! However...i didn't have my cell phone on me and Ryan was so busy at work I knew he couldn't come on the fly. I asked about it and they had an opening right then and there so I made the decision and did it on my own. I had my check up and then went straight to do the ultra sound.
At first, she wasn't cooperating....just like her brother.....her legs were both straight up in the air and hiding her face. But.....good news.....SHE WAS HEAD DOWN! No more panic attacks about the idea of having to turn her....because everyone I've told tells me it's horribly painful and it has scared me to pieces. Now I can rest easy about this...unless she decides to get crazy and move again. We'll just hope she doesn't. But it does explain last weekend and the horrible painful cramps and contractions that had me in bed for two days:)
So...after a 16 minute session with the ultra sound tech, we got some great pics and a great dvd. she finally moved her leg and put her little arm up under the side of her face. Which is exactly the pose we have of Parker. She's also a chub a lub. Dr. Allen says she is going to be a big baby....close to 8 pounds just like Parker was. She is close to 4 pounds right now. she has the chubbiest cheeks....i cried and cried in the chair during the session. It was so neat to see her and see her perfect little lips and big cheeks and nose and eyes....it became very real for me and hit me like a brick that this miracle really is happening and my dreams have come true and she will be here in 2 short months....possibly sooner.

8 comments:

Angie

There is nothing quite like those those 3D ultrasounds. So happy for you!

Rebecca

She looks so cute.

I just saw your last post. Parker is so funny and cute. He must be fun to have around all the time and always makes you laugh.

Sous Chef Mom

Awwww I have tears of joy for you!!!! :)

shell8170

That's amazing Amy. She's beautiful like her mommy :) I also love they way you have decorated her room!

handygal

I am so happy for you. This is so exciting and you are always in our prayers. She is beautiful.

Crystal

That is the coolest thing! She is a beautiful baby! Can't wait to meet her! :)

Tracey

Those pictures are amazing Amy! I love them! I'm so glad you got to do that, what a cool experience. She is going to be so adorable, I just can't wait! That's great your doctor's office will do them now, I've never seen a DVD of it, maybe we can watch it this summer!

Messenger

Oh she is so beautiful Amy, What a cool experience good luck with is all I can't wait to see her