CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 20, 2009

My sick kids

So Parker has had a cold since a week ago Thursday. It started out as croup and got better...into the sniffles. Well, I let him go out and play this week...thinking he was fine and thinking some fresh air would do him good....but he took a turn for the worse this morning. His nose is so clogged and he sniffs and blows all day. Now his bad cough is back. BLAH!!!! I'm so mad that he got sick. I so didn't need this. So...we were lucky that Penny didn't catch it. Well on Monday I started noticing goop coming out of her eyes. I've tried doing a tiny bit of neosporin but it isn't working. And for the last two day she has had sever clogging of her nose. She just cries and cries when I use the nose sucker. There haven't been any fevers, but still....so mad. I thought I was being careful with the both of them and her being so brand new, but apparantly I wasn't. It's crazy to think she'll be a month old on Monday. She is just so sweet. She is eating better today than she was yesterday. She was so clogged ...she couldn't eat well. Today she has eaten better and slept lots. I have two vapor plug ins going and my humidifier going full blast. I've also done some saline drops which have helped loosen things and I'm actually able to get a bunch of yellow stuff to suck out. YUMMO!
I'm hoping she feels better tomorrow. I'm all alone on Sunday and need to go to lead the music. I've been 2 months now with a sub and I don't want to bother her anymore with it. But Ryan is working, so hopefully the kids are ok by then and I can at least get to the first hour of church.
Then Ryan leaves Tuesday for out of town. Not sure where he is going actually but he'll be gone until Thursday night. He takes most of the night time with Penny...so hopfully I can pull it off. Well...when I have to....I do it. I just utilize him when he's around because he is good about helping out.
We are plannig to bless her on March 8th. I'm so excited because my brother is flying in for it. It will be awesome to have some family of mine there....other than my parents. That is going to be a busy weekend for me, but busy is good. I have a baby shower and my brother and the blessing....phew!
Oh the smell of mentholatem in the afternoon.....aaaahhhh.