
So she's 9 days old today. She's already getting fat cheeks. she eats like there is no tomorrow, so I'm hoping she becomes my rolly polly baby. Parker never ate and was always a thin thing. I'm having fun dressing her up and learning how to do all that hair. I'm not very good at it. No matter what I do...it just sticks straight up and looks wild. She is such a good baby. She has had problems with her tummy hurting. We have done some things to help with that but now she poops so much...her little tiny bum hurts. I keep putting medicine on it, but she screams when I have to clean her. The poor little thing.
I saw my Rhuemotologist this week. I have been put back on my Plaquanel and Prednisone for my pain. He found a swollen nodgel on my left ring and middle fingers. They have been giving me trouble, especially at night. i'm not able to bend them. But today I feel better. The doc did a big lab work up and I go back in 2 weeks. Then I can start on the Methotrexate injection and I'll be feeling great very soon. Oh it's been a long time since I've felt good. But today I vacuumed and did some laundry and took care of the kids and I'm still standing!!! It's all good news!!! Maybe it's all still adrenaline from having this gorgeous baby girl in my life. Maybe I'll crash soon...who knows. The butterfly rash has really bothered me the last few days. So I knew I was flaring up.
So...last night...my Parker James was such a hoot. He has started to come up with these new dance moves using his little music player he got out of a cereal box. The facial expressions and the movements are like none other I have ever seen before. I'm sure it's just because I'm his mom that I find it hilarious and so cute. It's like a mixture of interperative dance and The Robot. It's so funny.
And then he came to lie on my lap last night while I was watching some TV. He said, "Mommy, you are the beautiest." He tried to come up with "The most beautiful." I was flattered. I gave him squeezy hugs and told him he was so very handsome. So he is on my lap and he looks at me with these dazed eyes and says, "Mommy, when you tell me I'm handsome.....I just melt." And he slithered to the floor in a puddle of mush. I didn't want to hurt his feelings....so I covered my face with the blanket and laughed until I cried. Where does he learn these lines? He is so sweet. Today, he was so patient with me and the baby. He wanted to play baseball with me but I really needed to bathe Penny because she was awake and it was the best opportunity not having to wake her up. I explained it to Parker, and he was so understanding and so sweet about it. We ended up forgetting about the game, but I was just so impressed that he didn't get sad or put out by me having to deal with Penny's needs before his. He is a good egg.
I am so lucky. And I am still reeling over the goodness that has happened to me. Now I have a bit of pressure on me to do right by these kids and ......whew...I hope I can.








5 comments:
Your kids are so cute! Thanks for letting Alexis & I come by yesterday, we loved seeing the new little baby!
Aw, what a cute Parker! I just love that kid! Little Penny sounds like a keeper! Glad you are getting back on your meds, and are starting to feel better! Let me know if you need anything!
You gotta love Parker LOL and I can't believe Penny is already nine days old! Time sure is flying already...she's just so gorgeous, good job mommy!
You are such a great mommy. P and P are lucky :)
I wish I had been there to see him melt, he is just too cute!!! Parker and Penny are fantastically lucky to have you and Ryan, what a blessing to them to come to such amazing parents who just think the world of them! He has always been so loved it's easy to see why he can love Penny so much already!
Post a Comment