CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm lame when it comes to downloading the pics onto this blog. I always do it backwards so that the more recent comes up first....so...I guess I'll start my blog post from most recent and go back.
Last night was our night for Sunday Street Sweets. Our ward is super cool and does an activity every Sunday night. They assign a street and they host the sweets. The rest of the ward comes and enjoys treats and gets to know ward members and neighbors and which house belongs to who and what not. Truly only a benefit of a Utah ward. Out in PA...that would be quite a strange activity. But here it is great and fun and we got to host it last night. Parker was in rare form. He welcomed "customers" with a boasting voice of "Come and get your home made rootbeer. And if you get hungry...please enjoy a cookie. My mom made 4 different kinds of cookies and Ryan made his family's traditional home made root beer. What a hot night though....there was much sweating going on. Penny enjoyed the attention given to her and Parker had tons of little boys his age to run around with. By the end of the night, all the boys were running around on our front lawn playing tag. Ryan and I got the hose out to wash down my dad's truck (Which held the root beer keg and made a mess) and our driveway. I couldn't resist and ended up spraying down all the boys. Some girls joined in. We had a fun water fight to end the night. It felt nice on such a hot humid night.





Ryan loves the whole Home Made root beer tradition passed down from his dad. So he took some time to get Parker excited about it to and let him stir. Parker felt so big. What do you think Papa Jack?



Penny just looked really pretty on Sunday for church...I had to get a picture.



Penny went swimming for the first time on Saturday. We had been at the City Park awaiting the announcement of the baby contest...which she didn't win...and it was so hot. SO ...we didn't want to do yard work or house work, so we called Ryan's sister Rachel and went up to her condo complex where there is a nice swimming pool. Penny loved the water. She kicked her legs so fast. She loved the freedom. She loved to spin and bounce. I was so nervous about her burning though. I put sun screen on her everywhere, but I forgot her floppy hat...so we didn't keep her out long.




she wasn't sure about our flotation device we had for her. She liked to be held better. She took a fat nap on the way home. All that kicking and fun wore her out. Even Ryan and Parker took a nap. As we were driving to the freeway to head home....Ryan was at a red light. It turned green. He didn't go. So I looked over and HE WAS ASLEEP! I made him pull over and I drove home safely and wide awake.





This girl is crazy. She loves to play peek a boo and loves it when we cover her face. She thinks she goes invisible. She squeals and has a good old time. She has such a fun personality. When she gets in these funny moods....it is when she reminds of Parker the most when he was this age. He was so fun and did such funny faces and just loved life. She does too...although today...she was a grump...but my mom and I think she is getting a molar...which is strange...but her gums feel just like a tooth is wanting to start and she had a slight fever today and didn't eat or sleep much...just whined and wanted to be held. Didn't bother me none...I still got laundry done and washed the outside windows of the house.



I am bushed. A week without Ryan and a weekend of cleaning and such. Oh yeah!! Friday we met up with Ryan's parents and his sister who is visiting from Japan. She has three kids. Parker is in between two of them in age. We met for lunch at Carl's Jr. and the kids were able to play. It was great to see her. We have lots of stuff planned for the next few weeks while she is here and Ryan's brother and wife and daughter are also coming. And Ryan's grandma will come for a short time. Ryan's mom is graduating from BYU. It's going to be a whirlwind of activities. I'm exhausted thinking about it...but on the days we aren't doing stuff...I'll rest up.







2 comments:

Angie

What a fun Sunday!

I LOVE CARL'S JR! I so wish we had them here. Sean and I both love their western bacon cheeseburgers. ANd they have the greatest fries. Mmmmm.

Joy

Your kids are getting so cute!! Love the pictures. They are growing so fast.