
After the Balloon Launch we walked a couple blocks to the parade route and found a nice place to sit under a tree. so there was shade and cloud cover, it was an enjoyable parade with such nice weather. We were at the very beginning of the parade and that was fun. Parker enjoyed it. He fell sound asleep as soon as we got to the car.
We hung out at home trying to rest, but it didn't go well since Parker slept in the car. He has trouble letting someone sleep if he isn't asleep. We ran some errands at Walmart and then headed to Ryan's Grandma's House for the Rowan 4th of July Reunion. Ryan's dad always makes his home made rootbeer and there is always sloppy joes and tons of other goodies. It was very hot sitting outside and with the heat and the early morning activities....I just shut down. We were supposed to go to Sandy with Ryan's parents to see a firework display, but I just couldn't. I felt bad. But Parker was so understanding and he was ok to go home and miss the fireworks. The boys dropped me home where I immediately fell into my bed. They went to the video store and got a wii game for Parker and a movie. We ended up watching the Boston Pops Firework show and all went to bed. I'm such a party pooper.
Saturday we slept in and just got some things done around the house. Steph and Scott and family came over in the afternoon and we played Catan for a bit and then headed down to my parent's house for dinner. Steph and Scott left to go home and the rest of us watched a movie until it was time for fireworks. My dad bought a huge box of fireworks and we didn't get started until about 10:00 pm so we only did a few. The Jensen's came to watch with us. It was fun. Short and sweet. We'll save the rest for the 24th.
Last Wednesday Parker's Grandma Rowan took him to Wheeler Farm and he got to go on a hay ride and milk a cow and feed the ducks. He had a blast. It was a very hot afternoon and it was very nice of Ryan's mom to take him and spend that time with him. He's a spoiled child.


Ryan and I had a meeting early this morning with the Stake Presidency. Ryan was called to be the Assistant Ward Clerk. He's pretty excited about it.
We are looking so forward to our new ward and new Bishopric. We have to plan better leaving for church though....it's like 8+ blocks away!!!! :)








6 comments:
I am so glad that you guys had fun. We should have called you, we were down there at the balloons and parade too. Oh well I guess that is what we get for planning last minute. I love the pictures of Parker milking a cow. So fun!
Thanks for inviting us over last night, we enjoyed the fireworks show! Congrats on your new calling Ryan, Jonathan & I are still scared for what they have in store for us!
We saw your fireworks last night from our window. We should have come over and said hi but I was just so tired. I have been staying up past 12:00 for over a week. Anyway, farms are really fun for kids, I'm sure Parker loved it. Congrats on the new calling Ryan. We figure since we haven't gotten a call yet, we're pretty much out of the presidential callings (I hope, knock on wood). Anyway, whatever we get we will be happy with.
You weekend makes ME tired just reading it! Hope you are all recovered!!
What a busy weekend! I hope you all can catch up on sleep soon! Congrats to Ryan on the new calling! Our ward is not the same with out all you guys! See you around! :)
Such cute pictures of your little man! When did he get so big? They grow up so fast and it is very apparent to me already that Parker is going to be one of the nicest young men you will ever meet! You do such a good job with him. Don't ever think otherwise!
Post a Comment