CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Today

Well, I feel better. I'm not such a negative Nancy anymore....but who knows how long it will last. Parker has been a very good boy and I really needed it ....especially with Ryan out of town. He has only gone potty for me once, but once is better than nothing right? I'm trying not to let it stress me out.
I was called to be the ward music director which just means...I lead the music during Sacrament Meeting and I pick which hymns we will sing. I'm excited. It's not a stressful calling at all.
Next Saturday is the day my brothers and family arrive for the big 50th Anniversary party. It's very exciting. I have everything ready except for the shopping for food that I'm providing. Oh and I need to clean my house. And I would love it if Ryan would pull up the carpet in the bathroom and find the problem the cat left and fix that. I'm hoping he has time. I just saw on freecycle that a person is offering some good condition carpet padding, so I hope to go pick that up this afternoon. Then the whole project is FREE and my bathroom will smell....good again.
Parker hung out with my mom last night while I took a long long long and needed shower. He ended up staying and watching a Garfield Movie. When he got home, he talked my ear off about the movie and even about the commercials he saw while watching the movie. It was cute that he had so much fun and that he had so much to say about a movie he watched.
He has good times with both his grandparents. The kid is spoiled.
We talked a little bit about the new baby this morning and how it is growing in my tummy. He just can't wait until he or she comes so he can feed him or her their bottle. That is the thing he is looking forward to the most. So he has been my sweet boy the last couple of days and it has restored a little bit of faith in myself as a mom and has strengthened me for the next bout of attitude that comes along.
Ryan gets home tonight and we are all going out to dinner. He has been with my dad at Snow College in Ephraim at a Barbershop workshop. He even signed up for some private voice lessons. He really loves singing Barbershop and I can tell a big difference in his ability to sing out strong and harmonize. He now sings tenor at church while we sing hymns or in the choir and he is really awesome. I'm trying to pull together a song for the two of us to do in Church soon. It is a song specefic for Alto and Baritone Voice.
This isn't a post full of information, but just wanted to put something positive on because the last one was so ....full of frustration.
But that is one thing I like about the blog...is that it gives me a venue to vent some frustrating things and it helps to have friends and neighbors comment with advice and just a "I know the Feeling."

3 comments:

Misty

It is so true! I am a firm believer in venting. There are days I tell my little Zoe that I'm ready to "sell her up the river," but it is nice to know that those moments pass and we can, once again, be positive and remember that our children really are precious miracles.

Jonathan and Michelle

Congrats on the new calling! I am finally back home so hopefully we'll see you guys outside in the new day or two. I'm sure you are as excited to have Ryan home as Jonathan is to have me home, single parenting is hard.

Tracey

I'm so glad the pregnancy is still going okay, we've been thinking about you a lot and I'm so happy I finally have the internet so I can keep tabs on things! Thanks for all the stories about your adventures, it's nice to hear about the ups and downs. Life in Japan is going well. Now that I have internet I will send out an email with some updates!