CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's Real! It's Truly Happening

So today was my 9 week ultra sound with Ann Marie the IVF Nurse. I decided not to have Ryan and Parker come because 2 weeks ago was so....well boring. It was a tiny fuzzy blip with a rhythm.
Well today was so exciting and I'm so angry at myself for keeping Ryan at work and not coming with me. And I'm also upset that Ann Marie couldn't give me a print out of what we saw.
So....I saw exactly what this rotating model to the left shows.....except for it was white and very fuzzy...but I could make out the ear holes, the hands....which is all you could make out because the arms are still just stumps, and I saw legs and feet and you could tell where everything was. The heartbeat still looked very strong and all the measurements were normal.
So then Ann Marie said, "Look, it moved!" What? Already....and yes....he moved his little stub arms. At one point he tucked his little legs up and straightened them again...it was very very fast. And he bobbed his head....oh it was incredible. I wanted a picture so badly, but the machine she was on didn't have the capability. Such a difference in just two short weeks.
So I cried all the way home....it finally hit me that I actually do have a baby growing in my body and he is healthy and strong. It's been 5 weeks since we found out that we were pregnant and though I've been sick and dreadfully tired....it just hasn't seemed real to me yet. Well today it did. Ryan should have been there to see it and I'm just as sorry as I can be. I have a pit in my stomach that he missed it. Had I known it would have been that exciting ...of course...I would have made him miss work to come with me.
Sigh....even if I could have had my camera with me to take a pic of the screen...it just seemed so clear to me. Usually i can't tell what is up or down on ultra sounds....but like I said....it looked exactly like the rotating model baby countdown thing here on my blog just white and fuzzy. It was a good afternoon. Now...how can we turn the AC on outside?
Happy 4th of July everyone. I hope everyone has some fun plans. We have stuff all weekend so we are excited.
Neighborhood! We have a big pack of fireworks for Saturday night, so if your kids want to stay up a bit...please come out and enjoy them with us. We'll get started probably around 9:30 pm....I don't want to be too late.

2 comments:

Crystal

Congrats! That is so exciting! Sorry that your boys couldn't be there to share the fun moment! Next time! :) Maybe we'll see you Saturday night! We'll see how good the kids are being! :)

Sous Chef Mom

Ooooooh! Beautiful post! It's ok that he missed it because there will be many more! I am just so thrilled for you Amy... just thrilled to pieces!!!