
Those pre labor contractions never got to a consisten 5 minutes apart. Irritating....but I got through it. I had an NST scheduled monday morning and we called and also got an appointment with Dr. Allen so he could know what was going on.
He checked me out and I was at a almost 4. But the NST didn't go very well....every time I would have a contraction, her heart beat would dip for a longer period of time that he was comfortable with. So he wanted me to go to the hospital to have a contraction stress test and make sure she was fine. He also wanted to draw some blood on me to check some stuff out. So I figured he would just have me go home to suffer and well....he didn't. I was there....I was dialating, so he told the nurses to go ahead and get me started. That was about 1:30 pm. Had the epidural around 2:15 pm. She was born at 7:03 pm.
He checked me out and I was at a almost 4. But the NST didn't go very well....every time I would have a contraction, her heart beat would dip for a longer period of time that he was comfortable with. So he wanted me to go to the hospital to have a contraction stress test and make sure she was fine. He also wanted to draw some blood on me to check some stuff out. So I figured he would just have me go home to suffer and well....he didn't. I was there....I was dialating, so he told the nurses to go ahead and get me started. That was about 1:30 pm. Had the epidural around 2:15 pm. She was born at 7:03 pm.
It was exciting. I was checked at 6:00 pm...and was at almost 6. The docs and nurses left the room...and all of the sudden I was feeling everything. Ryan pushed my epidural button to release more med, but it wasn't working. Doc came in...all of the sudden I was at an 8. They left again. This was about 6:45 pm. Then I screamed because she was coming and I knew it and probably the whole hosptial knew it by my reaction and the epidural not quite working. So Ryan calls the doc in again and I was ready to push. But forget it....I was yelling for the epidural guy. He finally got there and I got through it. Pushed through about 8-10 contractions and she was here. PHEW!!!!!! She hardly made a sound. She didn't eat until 2:30 am. I still never heard her cry. It wasn't until my mom and I bathed her yesterday that I really heard a real cry. She's very quiet and very sweet and cuddly. She has tons of hair just like Parker did. When she's awake, she just pays close attention to your face and is just so sweet. We are absolutely in love. We came home Tuesday night. I am doing ok. I'm in a bit of achy pain, but it gets better every day.
We don't feel adequate for the blessings we have received. But nonetheless we are so grateful. Parker avoids her a little bit, but he talks about her and knows she's here. He held her for the first time last night...but it wasn't for long. He was more concerned with the picture I was taking. He also gave her a first kiss. He has been such a good boy.
Thanks to all the love and support and good wishes. We are so happy.

Such a puffy face. She didn't like her bath and cried and cried...left her all red and puffy. But cute and fluffy.










13 comments:
She is so absolutely adorable! Parker will adjust fine, he's a good boy. Congrats! I am so very happy for you!
I can't believe all of her hair, I am so jealous! She is adorable and I am so happy that she is here and you are both doing well. When you are up for visitors we would love to come and see her in person!
Wow, she really is very pretty. I'm glad the birth went well and you didn't have to wait until Friday!! Can't wait to meet her :)
Oh my goodness! I can't believe she's really here! She is so cute! I am glad that she came so fast! :) Seriously, let me know if you need anything! I can't wait to come meet her!
Ohhh tears of joy! Look at that little Miracle!!!!! Congratulations!
Congrats again. And enjoy those blessings...I know you are.
Awww she's so sweet! I just wanna kiss her little cheeks! I wonder if she'll have gorgeous eyes like you do...she looks a little like you to me but since I haven't seen her in person its hard to tell! I can tell that she is absolutely beautiful though!
She is beautiful Amy. I'm so happy for you, Ryan, little Parker and your sweet mom.
Sheri
She is soooo cute!! I am so happy for you guys. Congradulations!!I bet Parker will get more used to her over time. She has so much hair and looks a bit like Parker. So cute.
She is so cute! I am so glad you're on the mend and that everyone is happy and healthy. It's so awesome that delivery went so well and you weren't pushing for too long- good girl Penny! I wish we could hop on a plane to come and see her right now! In the meantime, keep the pictures coming!
She is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad she's here -- that part is over! Now, the work begins!
Oh my HAIR!!! look at all of that!!!! She is so cute!!! You guys make such cute babies!!!
She is beautiful. I love all that hair. Parker looks like he is going to be a great big brother.
Post a Comment