CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back on Steroids Again!

The title should be sung to the tune, "Back in the Saddle Again...." So I saw my Rhuemotologist today....aka Lupus doctor.
They were all extremely thrilled that I am with child, but thought it best to get back on Prednisone for the miserable pain I have been in. The pain in my right knee is now keeping me awake at night, so....yeah.
Prednisone is completely safe to take....my OB Fetal Med Doc just need to know so that when I am in labor they can continue the steroid treatment for reasons I'm not sure, but I will know by the end of next week....since that is when I see my OB next. I don't see the Fetal Med Doc until my birthday.
I'm pretty much over my cold....just your basic sniff and fatigue after math. So...very grateful that it didn't develop into something worse and grateful for my family who took care of me and got me well again. So being on the Prednisone and Plaquenil...I should be feeling better by the weekend. Fingers crossed. I'm just really looking for some sleep. The pain is annoying, but it is the stiffness and grave fatigue that make me want to stay in bed at all times and poor Parker just gets hungry and thirsty...the darn kid.:)
Parker saw our neighbor's new baby today. He was very excited about it and told him that it is only 3 months until our baby comes. He said he is excited, but he doesn't want any crying and he is not dealing with any poop. That's what he declared to me. He said, I'll get her her bottle and sing to her, but I'm not dealing with her poop.....that is your job. Oh he's going to be great with her!
So Ryan and I voted last night. It's awesome to vote early and I recommend it to everyone. In this town, you can go to the Armory. It is on Main Street past the freeway and down a bit. You can't miss it. It's on the left. hours are 2:00 - 7:00 on weeknights. We only waited 30 minutes. So now that is done and over with.
I had an email and saw on the news about protesters and rioters at the Oakland, CA LDS Temple last week. It sure breaks my heart that those things happen. So, the Church might have some moral issues regarding prop 8, but there aren't people at their homes or places of worship with evil signs and screaming obsenities at them. BLAH BLAH BLAH. My friends mom was there and she said it was awful and very scary. Lots of people were crying and too overwhelmed to even go in and do a session. It's not like our Church isn't used to persecution because of what we believe and our standard of living, but if you have never experienced first hand, it really is scary and it's hard not to have it affect you personally.
I remember as a Freshman at Ricks College, a few of my roommates and I drove down to Salt Lake City during the October General Conference. We were on temple square....none of us were from Utah, so it was a pretty big deal to us being there and feeling the Spirit and such. Well, we didn't have tickets to get in the Tabernacle for starters, but we had faith and we approached the square. Walking the full block of the square to get to the gate to enter, there was nothing but picket signs and people screaming in our faces....horrible things. Now, we were 17 - 18 years old. We were alone...no grown-ups. No males with us. None of us had experienced this kind of hatred and demeanor before. They were screaming at us that we were going to Hell and asking us to show them our horns. We were all in tears by the time we got into the gates. It shook us up really bad. Now I'm all for freedom of Speech and all, but I fail to see the evil that is my Religion. I obey the law. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs. I sincerely try to be nice to others, but ....it slips away from me from time to time. I keep a clean house and yard, and contrary to some belief, there is only one wife to my household and that is wife enough....Ryan will attest.
I believe that families are forever. How is that evil? None of the things in which I've listed holds negative to any culture or society, yet we have horns and we're going to hell? SERIOUSLY!
If you don't like the LDS Religion, then by all means don't become one. But don't scream in the faces of innocent people and hold up your signs of evilness. And then claim that we aren't Christians. HELLO! This election has stressed me out to the max actually. If you don't like McCain or Palin, then simply vote for somebody else. But for the love of all that is right with the world....does it help to put him and her down constantly? I can't even watch TV these days because it makes me so angry.
Well...ok....certainly didn't mean to create my own little soap box this afternoon. Just had some stuff eating at me. It really bothered me about the Oakland Temple. It's a special place to my heart and the patrons that go there deserve to do so in peace.

1 comments:

Kathy

Amen sister! I will be so glad when this election is over and I don't live in CA! Mike and I still have both of our parents there and they proudly have their "Yes on 8" signs in their yards. Mike's dad says that theirs has been stolen. It's just sad! Anyways, I am glad you are feeling better! I hope the steroids help with the pain!