well....I'm just sick. It all started Thursday morning. I woke up feeling weird. Mind you, it had nothing to do with my sinuses, it was my stomach. I was dizzy and I felt horrible tightness in my tummy....maybe she (Penny) was in the middle of a spinning class or something. So I just felt very off and as the day progressed, I was incredibly fatigued and the tightness was so bad, I couldn't really move or get up from my chair. It got to the point that I had to call Ryan home from work...only about 1/2 hour early...not a huge deal. Parker, of course, stepped up to the plate. He takes good care of his mommy. I was so hungry and my blood sugar had dropped considerably. He went to find me a snack and came back with fruit chewies...which is all he could reach. He brought them to me with such pride and love in his heart. He really loves to be my super hero and take care of my needs....which are many these days.
By Friday morning, my nose and head clogged up like nothing else. I thought....well....it is just the change of season and my sinuses do this...no big deal. I ended up having to call Ryan home again. My parents were going to take us to dinner with them and I had to cancel that....you know I'm sick if I pass up a free meal at Olive Garden.:) My biggest concern was that this would develop into a trachea infection that I am prone to getting. It's a horrible experience and lasts forever and being 6 months pregnant...I wasn't happy about the prospect. So out came the humidifyer to try and keep my trachea moist and nip this in the bud. Saturday morning was the worst. Ryan went golfing, so he was in trouble....not for golfing, but for the way he approached wanting to go golfing and leaving me with a big load that morning very sick. anywho...I had to go to the church because Parker was at a practice for a program. I sat there the whole time miserable with stuffiness and blowing nose and feeling like death. I kept my hands sanitized every time I blew my nose, so hopefully I didn't spread it. But I had no choice....hence...the golfing. By the time I got home from that, I was pretty spent. Luckily my dad was around and he came and got Parker and I fed. By then Ryan was home and all was well.
I just kept getting worse and a fever broke out of 100 degrees. Tylenol has kept that at bay, but I missed Parker's program on Sunday at church....and this was his first one. Luckily i did see the rehearsals and I was proud as proud of him. For being 4 years old, he sat pretty well for the 45 minute program. Sources say he looked bored out of his mind, but he sat quietly. He loves to sing the songs and he knew his part very well. It broke my heart to miss it. Ryan got me some Musinex, because at this point, I was still scared that it was going to reach my trachea and become a huge problem. So I've been on that for two days, plus tylenol, plus sudafed....all which Ryan researched and are safe for me to take this late in the pregnancy. I've had some good sleep on Saturday night, but last night was bad again. I'm not sleeping for a combination of many reasons....not all about being sick.....but some good sleep would sure feel good. blah
So ryan had to stay home from work today. I'm still not able to take care of myself or Parker. Luckily though his project at work is building a database program for Division....so his at the office duties are minimal. So he was able to sit at the table with his computer and work while keeping me and Parker fed and watered.
Parker has been remarkable. He has acted at times a bit frustrated that I'm so sick and weak, but for the most part, he has taken good care of me. I've received 3 get well pictures and cards from him just today. He has also started to do something very sweet........now Ryan is not a cassinova romantic.....I know he loves me more than anything....there is no question. But he is not romantic. However, Parker has started to come to me whether I'm in my chair or my bed and he grabs my hand and bends down and kisses the top of my hand and says....."I love you mommy." Little romantic bugger. It melts my heart. He will still hug and cuddle with me, but it is getting less often, so now he does this kiss the hand thing. I LOVE IT! He has spent the day keeping my feet covered too so that I don't get cold. He's a good egg.
So it isn't developing into my trachea as of today. But I do still very clogged and fatigued. And this is such a big week it being Halloween and all and blah blah blah. I want to feel better. Parker has school tomorrow. Ryan said he would stay home again, but darn. I hate that I'm so needy right now.
So I found the couch of my dreams the other day at Ashley Furniture. I'm very picky about couches due to my back problems and short legs and big bum...it's a whole thing with me....but the couch has to be just right or I can't sit in it without huge amounts of pain. There are at least two gentlemen at RC Willey that hate me because I sat in every couch in the store and was not happy with any of them. They get very frustrated. But, at Ashley.....I found the mother of all couches and I sat for 20 minutes with no pain. I was able to lie down without pain. Fabulicious!
so I posted my couch set on KSL.com and Craigs List....and I'm getting no bites. Well I got one scary bite and then one woman that wanted the set for nothing and we need to at least have some money to pay for the new couch. I know that economic times are bad right now, but I really want this new couch.....to be able to come in from outside and my back is throbbing and to be able to sit and have the pain subside instead of getting worse from my bad chairs and couches. Now the couches aren't bad....they are just not "Amy fabulicious."
My L5 Facet issue in my lower back has my Physical therapist stumped. There is nothing on an X-ray or MRI that shows anything wrong with the anatomy, however, if I lay flat on my back without moving for more than 3-5 minutes, that L5 sticks and I can hardly move. The facet is the space you have between bones in your spine. It is crucial to have that space....well.....I don't have much space in the L5 therefore causing great pain and it happens to be right at the bottom of the spine and part of the hip to where when it catches....there is no moving my body. Yadda yadda yadda.....I need just the right couch and it is in SLC as we speak and I have to wait to sell this existing set before we buy it. (finger tips drumming on my desk ...waiting)
Other than all this negative ranting and venting, life is great. The pregnancy is healthy. she is still a mover and a shaker. I will be 27 weeks on Wednesday. ryan and Parker are great.
Parker and I have had so much fun going through his old bins finding baby toys, bottles, bibs, blankets, clothes that will be fit for a girl. He loves being involved with it and has already developed such a great love for this baby girl. Every picture of me he draws has a little tiny person drawn near the tummy. He has been very supportive and loving and patient since the day we started this procedure to get her back in February. Mommy has not felt good since those days and he has been great about it. I'm so very lucky to have him and to have Ryan who is so willing to do laundry and cook and scrub and let me just sit and relax and not worry about every day things.
I want very much to take my Parker James trick or treating on Friday, so fingers crossed that I will feel better by then.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
I am so crossing my fingers that you feel better soon!! Being that sick is awful. Being that sick and pregnant is even worse!! I hope you get the couch that your back needs!!! Parker is a good egg, isn't he? :)
I am so sorry that you are so sick! Please call me if we can do anything to help, even if it is to run to the store or to run you over something to eat!
Man! I am so sorry that you are sick! If you need me to drop off/pick up Parker this week from school, you can let me know! I will be there anyway! :) 801-494-3807 is my cell! Just let me know! Feel better soon!
I hope that you get well soon. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well.
I hope that you get well soon. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well.
Yuck...hopefully it'll all be over soon! I hope you get feeling better...we're thinking of you!
Post a Comment