CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 13, 2008

The Cooler weather is here YEE HAW

So I've noticed so many blogs that are so saddened that Summer is gone. I am so excited that it is gone. And I'll tell you why.....
1. It's easier to warm up than cool down
2. Not a fan of sweat
3. Electricity is more expensive than Gas. I run my heater far less in the Winter than I run my air conditioning in the Summer....therefore.....the City bill is easier on the pocket book
4. no weeds to pull and plants to water and lawn to mow.
5. have you noticed how expensive it is to water your grass and keep it looking somewhat green? Highly expensive. Looking forward to that extra 60 bucks.
6. Not a fan of the bright sun....it's a Lupus thing.
7. Have you ever gotten a good whiff of a sweaty hot 4 year old that has been playing outside all day? YIKES
8. I'm a big fan of snuggling in blankets.
9. I'm a fan of slippers.
10. I'm a big fan of being a home body
11. Less gas used in my car because there is less light during the day and cold and snow on the ground keeps you more at home.
So....to sum up....it's cheaper to have colder weather and there is less sweat and stink. Huge fan of all of those things.
Sure the flowers are pretty and the gardens are fun and playing outside for the kids is a blast. Oh but Fall brings beautiful colors and your harvest from the hard work of the garden and cooler temperatures.....love, love, love, love it.
any guesses on what my favorite season is? hee hee....oh excuse me lol. I'm still getting used to the computer lingo.
The weekend was great. It was cold outside....quiet....no yard work to do. So I put Ryan to work at cleaning out closets. Needed to be done in a bad way since the closet that is now considered Penny's was ....well....our storage and junk closet. And my linen closet was a big of a disaster too, so we got to work and it wasn't that bad. We got rid of some garbage and I freecycled some stuff and now all is well and that closet is ready. It still has some stored stuff, but I have room to hang Penny's clothes and have a few toys stored in there until she's ready.
I went through 3 bins of Parker's baby things to sort out what I can use and what I can't for Penny Ray. 3 bins and I already have a laundry basket full of stuff....toys, hats, bibs, blankets, clothes. The other things I sorted into bins by age and appropriate season in hopes to sell or let people borrow. Still not sure yet if we will need it.....can't decide just yet if those frozen embryos in Idaho are going to be used. Probably not the best time to ask me when i'm pregnant and feel huge and I'm just going to get bigger and crankier....gotta wait until I forget how hard this pregnancy has been.
Anywho....dumb tangent....
We are doing well at saving money in our "Decorate Penny's Room Jar."
We have really been focusing on getting ourselves some food storage and putting together a 72 hour kit. Never been interested in doing something like that, but this Economic Crises has me scared to death. Mortgage payments keep going up every year and 2 Invitro cycles in one year....we are nervous. So....every month we are bit by bit going to build those things up and see if we can at least have a month's worth of food and water at all times in our pantry. And have a 72 hour kit in our garage ready to go. Should have done it years ago, but just had than mentality of....oh it won't happen and we will be fine. Walmart is always open as well as IHOP. All is well. Well...it isn't and we are working on it.
Both Doctor and Hospital appointments went well this week. Penny Ray weighs 1 .5 pounds. Everything measures exactly what it should be which is good. Lupus patients ...it is common for the baby to be smaller than usual, but not my girl. All is well...heartbeat is good.....spine and neck look great. My mom got to go with me this morning. It was neat, because I didn't get to share with her any of my pregnancy with Parker since we lived across the Country. And she has never really been to a live Ultra Sound. So it was fun for her to see all her parts and make out her profile and such. It was a bummer that she was positioned weird, so it was hard to see and we didn't see all of her. Got a good bum shot though and it is still 100% girl.
I go again on my birthday, so that will be a nice treat.
So to all you Summer fans.....sorry for your loss. But I'm in my element of happiness now....as far as the weather and I couldn't be happier to say goodbye to the hot nasty weather and weeds and high utility bills.
Below is a pic of Parker James in his new coat that he got for his birthday and his new boots he got.....just becuase....he needed boots. Ryan finds this pic funny because when you look at my childhood pictures...this is the exact pose i do for every picture. Now Parker does it. I can't get him to stand up straight and give me a normal smile.

5 comments:

Kathy

I completely agree with you about the whole not enjoying the heat thing. I prefer fall and winter. Sweaters and jeans look a whole lot better on me than capris and t-shirts!! Glad to hear about Penny. You will have so much fun!!

shell8170

I totally agree...hot weather stinks big time. I do so enjoy the spring the most but ehhh comes and goes wayyy too fast. The fall rocks too but cold whether with a nice cup of hot choco and a warm blanket...yummy!

Steph

Amen, I hate summer. Except for the gas thing. It costs me a whole lot more to heat my house than to cool it. But, I'll still take the winter over the summer any day.
By the way, I'm glad the pregnancy is going well.

Tracey

I enjoyed your list, it's very true, it's not all bad to see summer leave us! (Although it isn't leaving here very quickly...it's starting to be tolerable outside but certainly not cooling off any!) I'm so impressed with your pumpkins, what a great idea! I think we'll try to plant some next year, that would be a lot of fun! I'm glad Penny Ray is doing well and getting so big! Hang in there!

Angie

Glad you are enjoying the cooler weather....you can have it. I much prefer warm weather, cause I asm cold blooded ;-)

Glad all is well with the pregnancy. She will be here before you know it.

Good for you for saving and working on food storage.