CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oh baby

So at 5:00 am this morning....Saturday....I started contracting. They have been in and out of consistency. They have gone from weak to strong to weak to strong....but it has been all day. The longest I've gone is about 30 minutes without a contraction. Sometimes it is 2 minutes....5.....7.....10....15. But for the most part it has been around the 10 minute mark. Hoping that it is an indication that things are happening and will happen soon. I'm very tired just from the long day of it and don't feel like going through 6 more days of it until induction day. some other things have happened too indicating that it is close.
I have a non stress test Monday but no check up. So...if nothing has happened by then and contractions are still happening....I'm hoping I can at least talk to the doc while I'm there. Ryan is actually on the phone right now with the doctor's office. He is worried about me. I feel fine. I'm feeling a ton more calm than I ever was with Parker's labor and delivery. I just want to "git er done."
I have set up an email list for Ryan to email when she comes. I'll blog when I get home from the hospital. Hopefully sooner than later.
Parker was drawing a no monster sign...which was a pic of a monster covered by a circle with a line through it. It was for his bedroom door so that monsters knew they weren't allowed in there. But his sweet little heart said to me, "Mommy, I need to make two pictures." Why I asked. "Because I need a no monster's allowed sign for Penny Ray's room." AAAAHHHHH he already protects this baby girl. What a sweet big brother. I'm grateful that he loves her and he is excited for her to come. Throughout some of the contractions today....while Ryan was at a meeting.....he would kiss my arm. I asked him what he was doing....I wasn't trying to show him that I was in pain or discomfort....but somehow he knew every time. He said, "I'm trying to help you feel better." This boy teaches me things every day. I don't know why he is so sweet. I'm not very sweet natured. I'm crass and brass and obnoxiously loud at times. But here I have this tender hearted boy to keep me grounded.
So pre-labor...is what the nurse at the hospital that Ryan got a hold of just said....it could last for days. YIPPEE! Days. I love the word days when it comes to discomfort.")
so maybe it still will be Friday....and maybe not. So we wait.

4 comments:

shell8170

I am so excited for you sweetie! I can barely wait! I'm just sad I can't come see her like I did little parker :( post lots of pics though, k? Prayers are with ya my friend!

American Falls TaVaci

Ugh. I have "pre-labor" with all my babies. I feel for ya!! :)

Jonathan and Michelle

Good luck with everything! Let us know what we can do to help!

Rebecca

Yeah!! I can't wait to hear when little Penny comes. I hope all goes well with you two.

Parker is going to be such an awesome big brother. He is so sweet.