So after my fainting episode....I got a call from my mom Tuesday morning. A small blood vessel in her ankle had burst while she was in the shower. Blood was everywhere. Now this has happened before, but she has always been able to stop the bleeding. This time she couldn't. So Parker and I ran down there and I got her foot elevated and put some more pressure on. The bleeding still wasn't stopping. And I was really concerned looking at the carpet how much blood she had lost. In my weakened condition, I didn't feel like I was doing any good. So I called the paramedics. They took forever to come....it wasn't life threatening....but the bleeding had slowed down and stopped by the time they got to the house. I finally went into the bathroom and saw even more blood that she lost. It was like a crime scene. I was more shakey than she was I think. They took her vitals and bandaged her up tight. Ryan came home and cleaned up the bathroom and my dad called a service to get the carpets cleaned. She rested the rest of the day and she is feeling better. Parker was great and just sat and watched shows while all of this was going on.
So I had my last Maternal Fetal Appointment and all looks great. This time, we could actually see a ton of hair whispies. They estimate her to be about 5 lb. 10 oz. She's going to be a big girl!!!
All the docs can say for me is to get through it. There really isn't anything they can do for my pain or dizziness...it's just all part of the fun. So I shall get through it.
Hope everyone had a fun New Year's Eve. We were able to spend time with Ryan's brother, wife and little girl and Ryan's parents. We had fun. Parker had fun too.
Happy New Year Everyone!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Wow that must have been scary. Send my best to your mom and tell her I hope she gets well quickly.
I don't do well with blood, mine or anyone else's! In your condition, I would have been passed out and no help to Mom!
I'm so glad that everything was okay. I saw the paramedics and your car over there so I wasn't sure who, what and why and how I could help.
Hey you! So nice to see your comment on our blog. I have not had a spare minute to write a recent entry. This week looks promising for me to be able to do that. What a scary thing for you and your mom! YIKES! I should email her soon. I hope everything goes well with you and the arrival of your little girl. My daughter wanted to know who in the heck you were. I told them that I used to babysit you when I was in high school! Can you believe it? You were such a darling little girl and have grown up to be a darling lady. It's no wonder you have such a darling little boy. Looking forward to photos of his little sister on your family blog.
Take Care, Sheri
Amy, that is so scary that you fainted. I bet Ryan was just dying!! And your mom--is she ok?
Parker's little comments are so hilarious. He seriously asked for 10 more minutes? And the thing about the bow tie for a date? I love that kid!
I am just catching up and read about you and your mom. I am glad everything turned out to be fine, although it must have been really scary. I am glad your little one is doing well too.
Post a Comment