CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Life

Life is great. We got our tax returns. Paid off our car. Paid off some of our home equity loan. Now our only debt is the house and that equity loan...which is technically the house too. So...now we knock on wood because every time we are doing well on debt....something goes awry. So Ryan takes the Jetta in because it is driving weird. Transmission is shot and there was something else that made it idle when stopped. So 475 for the transmission and another 600 for the other weird thing. The guy was nice and took out the 600 dollar part, cleaned it, put it back in, let it sit for 8 hours, then hooked it all back up to the cars computer system. And yay! All better. Transmission can wait a bit...so it was only 70 bucks. After a week of driving we have to assess weather the other weird part really is ok and then decide if it is worth getting the transmission fixed or sell it for parts and get a small truck. Go into debt again! BLAH We don't know what to do yet. Ryan is actually thinking about a scooter...cheaper....in all sorts of ways.
Penny is doing great. she isn't sick anymore. I pulled out so much goo from her eyes this week...I could make goo pie. But now she's good. She smiles a lot more. She adores her brother and mostly smiles for him than me. Our friend and neighbor let us borrow a swing...and it has been a big help. She still tries to fuss and get us to hold her after the swing has calmed her down. So I pick her up and she instantly falls asleep...why can't she just fall asleep in the swing? Well, yesterday I had to get some cookies made for a baby shower I'm throwing today. She fussed....but it was only for a little bit and she went to sleep. THANK YOU FOR THE SWING! It's a big help.
My brother will be landing in about 10 minutes! So excited that he is going to be here this weekend and be able to be a part of Penny's blessing tomorrow. The dress fits perfectly and it's so beautiful. I need to get an appointment for her pictures.
Poor Penny though....she is just a fuss bucket baby. She's no fun for anyone to hold because she just squirms and whines or cries. Hopefully she'll grow out of that the older she gets. I can't believe she'll be 6 weeks old on Monday. CRAZY! So now I leave you with fun pics.

6 comments:

Anonymous

cute pictures! how good of you to put your tax return toward your debt-- I always want to go on a trip or something.

Angie

I feel for you with the debt thing. that ALWAYS happens to us. I have good intentions of paying stuff off, and then WHAM something big comes up. It is very frustrating.

Kathy

So super cute! I want to squeeze her! Enjoy your family day tomorrow. I will be thinking of you!

shell8170

So its not just us that the whole thing going wrong when you have money happens too LOL we just got our tax check and I was counting on it to get us through the year...supplement kind of thing but wouldn't you know it the engine in Kyle's car blew...2000.00 later and that doesn't include all the medical bills I paid so there goes our check :( Good luck this weekend with the blessing. I'm sure you'll post some pics of her in her dress next week :)

handygal

Thank you for the shower and for making the cookies. You are awesome. I love the pictures of Penny. I hope that things work out finacially and that you don't have to worry.

Tracey

I love the pictures, especially the ones with Penny and Parker side by side, so cute! You are not kidding about the hair!!! I'm glad the swing is helping, "they" say the hardest time is from 3-6 weeks so hopefully it will only get better from here on out! Keep the pictures coming, we can't wait to see the blessing dress!!!