CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

So today was Penny's 2 month check up. She came through with flying colors. She is very healthy and the doc has no concerns. I was concerned about her crossed eyes...but since they aren't fixed crossed....we're cool. She'll grow out of it. She weighs 9.14 in the 15th percentile and is 21 1/4 in long in the 25th percentile. She was a good and brave girl until the three shots at the end. Oh she was upset. In fact....the shots were at about 2:45 pm and it is 5:22 pm and she is still asleep. It was quite the trauma for her and for me!


I finally found some tiny elastics for her hair, but her hair is so fine...they don't stay in....and it's hard with a newborn who is a mover and a shaker to wind the band several times....but we got it in and I stuck a bow on it and she was cute cute cute for her appointment. The doctor and the nurse just loved her and thought she was so adorable. I don't know how two crazy looking cats like myself and Ryan can make such beautiful kids.

The other night....my Parker James yet again made me such a proud mom. He was playing Mario Kart with his daddy and for those of you who don't know...there are 4 races to a game. So, Parker had won 3 races with one to go. Now...Ryan went easy on him so he could win and have a good time. Kids love to win and will do anything to win and be the best....not my sweet boy. He said, "Daddy, you haven't won a race yet. Why don't we do one of the easy races so you can have a chance to win one." Ryan burst out laughing....but I about cried. i was so impressed with a 4 year old that would put his daddy's needs and feelings above his own and share in the joy of winning and share in the joy of just having fun. I don't know what I did to deserve such a mindful and caring and giving soul. He teaches me every day. Although..his tender heartness can cause issues at times, but I'm just so proud of his sweet heart. I hope that it stays with him forever. It may take a wide turn at his teenage years, but I hope that he can alway have a tender place in his heart for people and keep that understanding of fairness and love and sacrifice. He's a good egg.

4 comments:

shell8170

hahahaha that is funny! Ryan might just have to play the easier levels for real in a few years! You do make beautiful children :)

Angie

I agree, you do make cute kids. Too cut eabout Parker. Daddy needs the easier tarcks.

Tracey

Super cute, I love her hair do! Parker truly is a good egg, what a sweet loving kid. We are so lucky to have him in our family!

Dean and Sheri

That baby girl is just too cute. It's fun watching her grow via your blog. And what a lucky girl to have such a sweet big brother.