CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Penny's Blessing Day

What a great day yesterday was. For those of you who do not understand what a baby blessing is....It is a day where in most cases....the father says a special prayer giving the baby a name and giving her a special blessing of health and strength and wisdom , etc. It is a special day in the LDS Culture. And for me, it was very sweet to be able to use the blessing dress that my mother bought and gave to me even before I was married. And with all the struggle we have been through...it was a special day to be able to use that dress for my daughter. My mom and I with Penny Ray
My side of the family that was there....Michelle, mom, dad, Ryan, Parker, Ed, Craig, me and Penny.

Ryan's family....Rachel, Robbi, Jack, Parker, me and Penny and Ryan



She was such a good girl all day long! And she looked so gorgeous!


I can't explain how this picture touches my heart. Parker wanted this baby girl just as much as Ryan and I ....and this picture captures that joy in his heart and love he has for her. She even has such a content and peaceful look about her. She adores her brother. He can make her smile like no one else can.






The look on her face....so funny. She hates it when I dress her up and take tons of pictures.


We had a nice lunch after Church and played games and watched Parker put on a variety show that had us all laughing so hard. He is quite the entertainer. We had such a good day. I am so grateful for my husband and that he holds the Priesthood and is worthy of it to be able to perform these special ordinations in my kids' lives. The prayer was beautiful and she was beautiful. I am truly the luckiest girl. I am very aware of my blessings and my good fortunes.
Ryan sent me this video this morning. It is very sweet and reminds me of my little family.

9 comments:

Crystal

Oh, she looks adorable! I just love her dress! What a little princess! I just love baby blessings! Hey, Rachel Rowan is a friend from Sandy of mine! She is my brother's age, but I knew her as well! Small world! I love little Parker's face when he is looking at his sister! So sweet! What a special day!

Unknown

Adorable! You are a blessed woman for sure! Congratulations to you all once again... I know how much you are enjoying each moment. Thank you for sharing with us on your blog!
Love you guys!

Anonymous

Hi Amy! Your family is perfect! I am so happy for you and your sweet babies. They are adorable and I love brother/sister relationships. It's so sweet to see them in our own children.
Love to you!
Karen & Darren and kiddos :)

American Falls TaVaci

She looked so pretty and so did YOU! You and Ryan were just glowing.

Dean and Sheri

Stunningly gorgeous dress on a perfectly beautiful baby girl. What a special day. I adore the photo of Parker holding his sleeping little sister.
Sheri

Dean and Sheri

Stunningly gorgeous dress on a perfectly beautiful baby girl. What a special day. I adore the photo of Parker holding his sleeping little sister.
Sheri

shell8170

Awwww that dress is beautiful and the pic of penny and parker brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful blessing your babies are to all of our lives. Love ya!

Tracey

It looks like it was truly a fantastic day! I know only a fraction of the pain you have been through but seeing you all those pictures, especially the one of Parker and Penny, has left me with tears of joy knowing what truly blessed and loved children and parents you are. There really aren't words to describe it!

Cathy

Hi, Amy -- I have been following your blog for awhile now (got on it from Angie's blog!) The picture of Parker holding Penny made me cry! I am so happy for you all and so glad that you are all doing well. We miss you and love you! The Niedererrs