So i'm looking for some sort of carrier...backpack....sling type thing.
I was just looking online....and all of them look fine....can't decide. And I don't want to spend the money on something I won't like. We had a snugli type back pack...it could go front or back. It wasn't very sturdy, so Parker wasn't a fan because he didn't feel up close and secure. It felt very awkward. He also didn't really need one. He was a content child who didn't care whether I was holding him or whether he was lying in his chair or bouncer.
BUT MY CURRENT BABY!!!! Gad....she fusses all day. I can't eat, shower, clean, laundry....nothing. And....not all of those things are more important than her except for the eating part. My blood sugar drops and I'm worthless to myself and those around me. She also...isn't a fan of being held...even though she fusses. When she does want to be held...or doesn't want to be alone...she likes to face outward. And I have tendonitis and I'm in constant pain. Do you see where I'm going with this?.....some sort of carrier would be great. I don't think I would like a sling....it looks as though it would kill my back. I need something that is going to support the weight as best as possible to save me from back pain.
I've read a bunch of reviews on the moby carrier. It looks great and seems like just the thing....but would it be a 30 minute ordeal to figure out wrapping it every time I need to go outside or shop or need to do housework. That doesn't help me. I also don't want to spend a ton of money. I guess it is a personal preference. I just would like some feedback on you mothers out there that have experience and what you like and what helped you. It would be nice to just have something to slip on my person...buckle up and slip her in. But it has to be sturdy enough for the both of us to feel confident to relax and get on with things. I don't have the patience or the time to figure out some wrap and tie thing....but maybe if it is easy and fast to learn...it would be the best idea. BLAH! I can't figure it out. And most things you see online are not available in the stores so you can go and see what it is like. Maybe I just need to see what the stores have and go from there. But I would love to hear what your feedback is.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
I have a friend in Ogden who MAKES wraps (like slings) that she LOVES! Want me to see if she can make you one? Probably REALLY cheap too! She loves it!
One of the ladies I VT has a moby and she loves it. She says it's really supportive for your back and it's easy to do once you figure it out the first time. Or if you like I can send you my baby Bjorn. I got it from a consignment sale and only used it twice for Shepherd.
You would be MORE than welcome to borrow mine and see if you like it. I don't remember what brand it is, but all three of my kids LOVED it! I am not sure how it would be for your back, but you could try it out! I won't be needing it for a few months! :) My kids could be in it until they were about 4-5 months. By then they were too chubby! I could bring it to preschool if I remember!
Hey Amy! Good to hear from you! Your kids are so cute! What a sweet baby girl! And Parker is so handsome...gonna be a heart breaker! We'd love to see you guys in June...we are coming for 2 weeks or so. About the carrier, I have really bad tendonitis too, and I've tried all the carriers. I love the one I got for Keira... it is a side sling, and it was just $15, not complicated either, just snaps right on.
I would not get ANY thing but a Moby. I have tried carriers, slings, backpacks, and the Moby is by FAR my favorite. And I can walk you through how to put it on, silly. It only takes a few times to get the hang of it. You wanna try mine?
I'm really interested in the Mei Tai carriers, but I would want to try one out before springing the big bucks on one. I have a sling, made from a curtain, that worked really well when Frankie was a newborn. But the back thing can be an issue - it was given to me by a friend because it hurt her back.
(Come to think of it I just googled Moby Wrap and it's a lot like a Mei Tai.)
Good luck!
Post a Comment