CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Ain't Life Grand?

It is. As far as the last two days go....it is. Not much to report, but I'm terribly bored and since this is my only way to record feelings, events, etc....well...I'm wasting time because i'm too tired to continue my cleaning and organizing projects. Parker has grown so much in the last 6 months or so. All of his cute sweatshirts I bought him for the Winter....too small....won't fit him next Winter, so I've been getting all of his clothes sorted and in boxes ready for storage in case this next baby is a boy. This next baby.....whether boy or girl...will want for nothing. We have so much stuff from Parker's babyhood....he was a total miracle so we went nuts and we have tons of toys and clothes. I have half a storage garage full of baby stuff.
I need to take a trip to DI today to find him some Summer pajamas and play clothes.
I also went through the house and got together some stuff to donate to DI. Stuff I just can't seem to sell and it is taking up space in this tiny house. So that is ready.
Yesterday Parker has his first assignment in Primary class at Church. He had to give the opening prayer. There was much confusion because Primary meets in a tiny little room with tons and tons of kids and there was a family that had a boy giving a talk...so every grandparent and aunt and uncle were in there. Well Parker wanted his teacher to help him, so we took a seat in the back. Well...it came time for him to go up to say his prayer and the teacher didn't go up with him....we were stuck in the back wedged in with this other family so we couldn't get up there in time. So a nice sister (a leader in the Primary) helped him out and he said a beautiful prayer....a very sweet and reverent voice. I was proud. I know these moments are not that big of a deal to some, but every little moment with Parker James is a big deal to me.
He came to me this morning while I was sitting here organizing some things at my desk and said, "Mommy, I would like to make a card for Granny." I said, "Why?" He said, "Because my Granny Loves me." The boy can be so sweet. Now why won't he go potty on the toilet when it's time? Beats me. He has been doing better, but if he is busy doing something else, he just goes in his pants. But I think we're making progress.....slowly.....very slowly. This week, pudding as been a great insentive for him. Today, he got to go play at Sister Lyman's (Our Bishop's wife and my very good friend) house. That was supposed to be another insentive. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Crystal

Hey Amy, I found your blog thru Katie's! It makes me happy that there are others that love to blog like me! :) I hear you with the 3 year old problems! Kaley has been potty trained for almost a year and she still has accidents! It kills me!
How are you feeling these days? I was glad to hear that one of the embryos took! Hopefully things will go smoothly!
You will have to check out our blog - jc-family.blogspot.com

American Falls TaVaci

Yeah...sooorry about Primary. It was crazy! I have never seen so many adults crammed into one room. But Parker did a great job. I had to giggle as he stood at the podium--he was on the top step and was still on his tippy toes! He is the cutest little (and might I add--reverent) stud!