CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 16, 2008

A Very Nice Father's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day. Jack, if you are reading this or Chelsea if you could convey the message.....we have a card for you, but because Parker wasn't able to come to your house last week, he wasn't able to give you the card. So it is here waiting for you when you come home. I'm also sorry he wouldn't talk to you on the phone. He was an absolute pill yesterday evening because he wanted to sleep and we wouldn't let him.
However, we had a very nice Father's Day. Parker sang with the primary. His face just lights up with the biggest smile and it makes me cry every time. He'll probably be up there singing when he's 10 and I'll still be crying. He was up there with his friends and did all the motions and sang all the words to "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home." He loved it. Then my dad and Ryan sang with the choir and did excellent. I woke up without a voice, so I was unable to sing. The choir did a fantastic job.
We came home and got to work on making dinner. I made a really yummy italian pasta salad and sweet potato slices with olive oil and italian seasoning. We had Manti Chicken and my mom made a broccoli salad....one of my favorites and what else....oh yeah corn on the cob. It was a feast. My mom made an apple pie. It was a good day....well until Parker got tired and it all went to pot.
I think Ryan had a good day. He didn't really say. He didn't really get a gift because our Wii Fit game and board is all inclusive of the next few Holidays.

2 comments:

Rebecca

Those sweet potato slices sound really good. I'll have to get the recipe from you. Glad you had a good Father's Day yesterday. Josh got some golf clubs for his, so maybe he and Ryan could hit the greens sometime. I'm sure Josh would love that. Any excuse to get out and practice his new hobby.

Sous Chef Mom

Happy Father's Day Ryan!!! :)