Ok....the concert.....it's hard to describe...it was incredible. Why? Well....I'll tell you. We had lawn seating. Has anyone been to the Usana Ampitheater? Lawn seating isn't the best. And we thought that we would have our chairs with us and all would be well. As we parked, there was a big sign that said, no lawn chairs. WHAT? We didn't bring a blanket to sit on. Things were going through my mind.....this isn't going to be tons of fun. We are going to be on the ground.....Tim will be as tiny as a pin......I won't get home until after Midnight.....why oh why? Ok...wasn't that dramatic because it was still Tim. And tiny Tim is better than no Tim. So we head in....the K-bull 93 Tent was a happening place. We had heard that they were giving away upgrades on tickets and back stage passes. We stood there a few minutes....trying like mad to dial the phone numbers they were calling out to be the 4th caller for a backstage pass. After a few minutes, the DJ announced that they were going to do a ticket upgrade. He said, "If anyone can pull out of their purse something Disney, I'll upgrade your tickets to second row center." Without a beat, I head up to the guy with my tiny little minnie mouse key chain. I held it up. Another girl came up and had a Winnie Pooh tatoo....he didn't seem interested in seeing that...if you know what I mean....
The guy announced....I'm taking the girl with the Minnie Mouse keychain. We gave them our lawn seating tickets and he gave us second row center tickets. A Tim McGraw Concert MIRACLE!!!!!
We promptly called our husbands to rub in the good news and found our seats. It was amazing and loud. As Tim McGraw took the stage, Security allowed the first two rows only to go in front of the seats and stand at the stage. AAAAAHHHHHH! I haven't stood or danced that long for a very long time. My back didn't hurt....I didn't .....well I did get dizzy....but I had tons of people holding me up. Did I have my camera? No....I thought I would be sitting by the back fence. But my girl Steph had a camera and as soon as she emails the pics to me....oh they will be on my blog for sure.
Time touched our hands as he swept by. He has strong fingers......sigh. I felt 23 again. It was awesome. Of course it was never far from my mind that I am in my 30s married and pregnant with a son and husband waiting for me at home....which makes me happy....but for those few hours last night...I was just Amy and singing the songs I love at the top of my lungs with Steph and all the other peeps we were partying with. Tim is talented and not hard on the eyes....and to be that close....was a chance of a lifetime....nothing that we could ever afford to do other than just having a minnie mouse keychain for a nice upgrade.
Thanks Scott (Steph's husband) for getting the tickets for us. We had the time of our lives.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
That is amazing! I love Tim as well, and am extremely jealous that you got to see him so up close and personal! I can't wait to see the pictures!
You're welcome. It was my pleasure. Just do my a favor and stay between Steph and Tim next time!
That is so awesome. You are so lucky to be able to have gotten those tickets! I've never been that close.
Post a Comment