CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This isn't for the faint of heart

If you get queasy just thinking about it....don't read this post.
So, we went to pick up my parents at the airport last night. My dad took us all to dinner. We went to Chilis. I had the best salad. We drove home. Things weren't feeling well. I got a stomach ache and just wanted to get home.....fast! So I didn't get to enjoy the salad for very long. I'm not much of a girl that throws up. I usually suppress it until it goes away.....I really hate throwing up. Well...suppressing it wasn't working. Holy moly....I've never had an episode like that. I didn't throw up while pregnant with Parker. I had intense nausea but none of the really bad stuff. I didn't even really understand the meaning of morning sickness until last night and today. So, because of the stomach cramps that I mentioned, I was a bit pre occupied when the salad wanted to get the hell out......so our bathroom garbage can perished. Poor Ryan, he just stood there.....what am I supposed to do with this. I didn't have the heart to make him clean it all out so we just chucked it in the garbage can and thank goodness it was garbage day today.
My stomach was still sore, so it took me a bit to fall asleep. Then an hour later I woke up with the shakes......or rather convulsions. I was freezing and my skin hurt and I just couldn't stop shaking from the inside. It was just like when I was in Labor with Parker....i got the shakes really bad which made getting the epidural an interesting experience. Ryan got me tons of blankets, but I couldn't get control of the shaking. I had a temperature of almost 100 degrees. Then....for some reason....that triggered a launch sequence for pain in a delicate place that felt like little tiny men were giving me a purple nurple. And they were not letting go! WHAT THE HELL? Oh for the love. Now mind you....I'm not complaining. I'm beyond words of excitement that we are having a baby....but for crying out loud. So Ryan got me a heat pad and that helped that pain go away and also warmed me up so I could fall back to sleep. So of course I woke up two hours later totally sweating and peeling off blankets as fast as I could. So today I just feel tingly.....just exactly like I feel when I have a fever and the flu.
so.....I'll only throw up this one time right???????:)

5 comments:

Anonymous

I am so sorry that you had to go through that! Two of mine had that on Mother's Day. One of which was the baby. Happy Mother's Day to me! I got it the next day. Good times! :0) Congratulations on the baby! I am very happy for you!!!

Steph

Oh my gosh! CONGRATULATIONS! I've been out of town and just read your blog last night. I am so excited for you. Not for the vomiting, that's wrong. By the way, I hope that you fought the urge to not wear clothes.=)

JessiLeigh

That sounds vaguely familiar... so glad im done with that for another little while. Never thought Id be so excited for someone who was so sick!!

Stephanie

Oh girl, I am SOOO Sorry!!! I go through that the entire pregnancy. I hope for you it won't even happen once more!!! but if it does I will offer a possible solution..(To solve the garbage can issue to avoid having to throw it out or clean it out a million times a day. I line it with a bazillion garbage bags then it is easy to grab a handful tie it shut, no leaks or yucky stuff!!! and you can avoid the nasty "splashback" (sorry, really gross) that can happen with the toilet)

Sous Chef Mom

I hope that was it! *HUGS*