Ok...so I let a Doctor's appointment go by without updating....not that you are all just sitting on the edge of your desk chairs waiting....nail biting for my update. But some of you are parents and grandparents and you're in to this kind of update. ")
So, my week was crazy for multiple reasons. I did collapse one day with an unknown pain, but it subsided and I was able to get myself up and to my bed to rest for a while. It was bothersome to me but not to the point of hospital. And my appointment was the next day, so I knew that my mind would be put at ease then. And it was....although....baby was moving around so much it was hard to detect the heart beat at first, but there was so much racket from her flip floppin around...and then I heard the strong heart beat and all was well.
The Doc made me do a 24 hour urine test which kept me home bound and locked away in my house. It really is a disgusting and unsanitary test and then to top it off.....they make you keep the urine in a jug IN YOUR FRIDGE! EEEEEWWWWW Several disinfecting sprays have been used on the area I chose to keep said jug. So then I had to drop that off and get blood drawn which is always an ordeal because my veins though big and plump and full of juice.....they roll or they just don't bleed. I'm a freakazoid! So it was something that took up an hour of my time trying to find a good vein in the top of my hand and the tech was so freaked out. Getting my blood drawn is good times I say.
So I have to do a glucose test in about 7 weeks plus another 24 hour urine test. Yipee. But, it is keeping this baby and myself monitored and they are making sure nothing goes wrong and that feels good.
So the big ultra sound is tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. We will know for sure the gender of this little one and it will be full force decorating and saving and going through the 20 bins of baby stuff I have in storage. I can't wait. I really need a project right now.
So...again....you'll all be at the edge of your seats I'm sure.....hee hee. I'm not that vain....you all have lives and babies of your own. And I can't promise when i'll get a minute tomorrow to blog other than late. It is Parker's birthday tomorrow and after the hospital we have to jet home and get the party set up. We have 6 guests coming and I'm pretty sure I'm in control and have everything ready. Except for my house being cleaned, but hey...I'm going to have 7 children learning how to be clowns in here....I'll just wait on that.
After the party....ooohhh there will be time to post. Then it's dinner out with Parker and my parents oh yeah and Ryan and presents and more cake. What a day it will be.
Then Ryan leaves again for a week and blah blah blah.
Parker has been with his grandparents all weekend. I'm about to leave to go pick him up and spend the evening with them and celebrate Parker's birthday with them. They are so great to deal with him the whole weekend and let me have some needed rest and some time with my husband that just hasn't happened much this month....feels like all Summer to be honest.
We had good friends stop by last night which was a God send. Mel helped me with party preperation and Ryan was able to just talk football and computers with his best friend. We had dinner and just hung out. It was nice. Thank you so much for stopping by! I really needed it.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








7 comments:
I may not be at the edge of my seat, and I do have babies of my own, but I do check your blog at least 3 times a day to see if you've posted an update! (I know, I'm kinda pathetic.) I use my "blog checking time" as a bit of repose from the hum-drum of diapers and dishes and laundry. I always look forward to reading what you write! :-)
tomorrow's the BIG day!! And lucky me, I get to find out BEFORE you get around to posting! He he
I check this baby (your blog) everyday waiting to find out what you're having. By the way, being diabetic I have to do a 24 urine at least twice a year and 4 times while pregnant. They are not fun, but a little tip...don't put it in the fridge, put it in a bucket full of ice next to the toilet or in the bathtub. It's more convenient that way and slightly more sanitary. It grosses me out too to put it in the fridge.
How exciting that tomorrow is the big day and Parker's birthday! Alexis has been asking everyday if it is time to go to Parker's party, so she will be thrilled that it is finally here!
I forgot that we are ahead of you and that although it is Monday afternoon for me it is still Sunday night for you! I actually have been "on the edge of my seat" waiting and was so excited to get on the blog to check...now you're going to post it while I"m sound asleep tonight, ugh. Oh well, at least I got to read some cute updates and see those great pictures of Parker! He is so cute and I love his costume! I'm glad he finally gave you some of the details from his first days of school. He's such a big boy now! The bathroom floor looks fantastic! Thank you for the cute picture for Alyssa, Hayden loved the monsters he drew!
I have totally been on the edge of my seat for updates. I love reading about the baby and what's going on and I have been anxiously checking your blogs for the gender since I couldn't remember when in September the ultrasound was LOL
Wow, what crazy times, girl! I'm glad you're okay and "baby" is doing okay!
Post a Comment