CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Parker's Clown School Party











Here are all the cute little clowns with "Clown Daddy" ....that is the name they called him. They made their own hats and they learned how to juggle. They played pin the nose on the clown and earned their noses. Then it was time for the popping balloon relay game. Clown Daddy decided to demonstrate how the game was to be played. All the kids watched with their hats and noses. He trotted across the room, and sat on the balloon to pop it. Well, it was a very huge pop and very loud and all the little clowns had their eyes bugging out. One cried. Parker said it was so loud, his nose fell off, and the rest of them came slowly towards me with looks of horror on their faces saying, "we don't want to play this game." Darn it all....I didn't have the video camera going. So we played basket ball with them instead and just ran around playing with the baloons.

There was much laughter and fun.

Then we opened presents and had cake. My mom decorated the cake for us. It turned out perfect! Parker loved every present he got. He enjoyed feeling like the big cheese and feeling special on his birthday.

The finale to the clown school party was throwing cream pies at Clown Daddy's face. Well...they had a blast, but clown daddy didn't get as dirty as I would have liked.")

We gave out circus bags full of caramel corn with a bouncy ball inside. The party was a great success and we all had tons of fun and good laughs.

Parker wants to give a big shout out to his Aunt Tracey and his cousins in Japan. He enjoyed the pictures so much and the candy! Thank you for thinking of him. He also enjoyed phone calls from his great grandma in California and his Uncle in Wisconsin.

Today was preschool and I went to do story time and share some birthday cookies. I had tons of fun. I hope I get to do it again. Parker got a snake sticker book from his teacher and got to wear a cool birthday crown. He has had so much fun celebrating all weekend. And it was nice to have his dad home for a couple of days to enjoy it with us. Ryan is gone again until Friday night.




6 comments:

Misty

So cute!!! It sounds like everyone had a great time! Good job, Momma! I'm sure he'll remember this birthday for a long time!

American Falls TaVaci

That's so funny about the balloons.

Gavin had a great time, and when he got home he said, "Mom, can I have a clown party when I turn 5?" So, thanks a lot. :) Does Parker know what HIS 5 year old party will be? Didn't he decide on a clown party last September 16th?

handygal

The cake looks awesome. Too funny about the balloon game isn't that how things work.

Tracey

I checked in earlier just to check what you found out but didn't have time to comment- Woohooo!!!! A girl!!!! I can't wait to meet Penny! If she is even half as sweet and lovable as Parker we are in for a real treat! We will be there next summer and I can't wait to see her! I am so excited for you and once I finish unpacking I will go through my baby girl clothes and will send some warm winter ones your way (especially the darling fleece outfit you sent me as I mentioned before!)
Parker's party looks like a blast, what a fun idea! Ryan truly is a "super dad" for wearing the clown costume! I'll let Hayden and Dani know Parker liked the candy, they were so excited to share something really Japanese with him! Give Parker a happy birthday hug from us!

Crystal

Ha ha! Good times. Sorry that Kaley was terrifed of Ryan! She came home and everything was fine! She told Josh how much fun she had, and I just rolled my eyes! She is something else! She was laughing as she told Josh about throwing the "pies" at the clown. I don't get her! It was a super cute party though! Parker was so cute about the whole thing! You are the coolest mom! :)

Angie

looks like fun!
And Penny is a beautiful baby. ;-)