So...he has been just about potty trained as far as knowing what to do....yet I have had to constantly be on him about it or put him in a pull up to shop or go to bed.....even though he hasn't been wet in the mornings for over a year.
And there have been some intentional accidents that have thrown me into tantrums myself. But....he has been without pull-ups 24-7 since last Sunday. I have had to remind him, but he has not had one accident intentional or otherwise.
Well....the reason I feel he is fully potty trained is because today....just 20 minutes ago....this little man came to me while I was vacumming and said, "mommy, I have to go potty." Oh happy day in my heart and soul. Those words are just the epitome of happiness for me. I wasn't horribly happy in the fact that he was approaching 4 years old and not trained yet, but he did it and he just barely turned 4 and he has made a complete turn around from the beginning of the Summer. I think pre school has helped and I think the fact that Ryan has been gone so much and he has had the ..."you are the man of the house" talk a ton of times. Whatever it was....hearing him come to me instead of me hunting him down and telling him to go was music to my ears. He has grown up so much in just the last couple of months......even growing out of his clothes and shoes. It's amazing how the spurts can make such a difference. You can actually see his legs now when he wears shorts. And for the first time ever in his life, he is jumping off of the couch onto his little spider man couch as I type this. It is still a hesitant jump, but it's a jump. And as he jumps he says, "Watch out world, here I come."
I told him he is being so brave to jump.....and he says, "I know, and I really love it." Better late than never to discover the good times jumping off the couch can bring. ")
Do you think I have a chance at getting another subdued baby and toddler?
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Congrats on the accident free week! That is a great milestone and I'll bet it takes a great load off of you! Great job, Parker! And how fun to have discovered the joy of flying off the couch! :-)
Congrats, Parker! Keep up the good work, little man!
Amy, I am quite jealous. I know it has been A LOT of hard work and frustration for you. Yea! for you. I'm going to send Katelyn down to you. She tells me, "No, I'm a baby. I wear diapers." She is such a stinker.
Congratulations!! I am so happy that this day has come for you! Good job Parker!
YAY Parker (and mom and dad) LOL just in time for the new baby girl :)
Way to go Parker!!! Elizabeth has gone back to saying change me, I thought we had it, but I guess we still have work to do. Oh well she is only 27 months. (That's 2yrs 3months for those of you who hate the month count after age 2)
Post a Comment