CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Here They Are


Here is a photo taken of the two embryos just before they were transferred. Don't get grossed out....it's really a beautiful thing to see mother nature in this early stage. If this procedure does work....how cool is it that I can display this picture on my fridge along with an ultra sound? Very cool!

Parker though is getting quite attached and asks me all the time if I have a baby growing inside me. We are not sure how to answer him. But he pats my lower belly very softly and says in a quiet voice, "Grow embryos....grow." Then he shshhss me so they can sleep. He's already very protective of them and of me. He did struggle today though...I'm not able to lift him at all or really have him crawling on my lap....so that is hard on both of us. He and his dad have had a fun day playing together today. And they both have taken good care of me.

My back hurts like no other...and I have horrid bruises to prove it. These progesterone injections are long, thick, horrid horrid things. But they are necessary.

Thanks for all your prayers. We love feeling the love and support of everyone. And it was so nice to know that my Parker was missed by all of his friends in the neighborhood. It makes my heart glad to see his friends wrap their arms around him and come to the door to see if he can play because they've missed him. We are a lucky family.

4 comments:

Steph

Those pictures are way cool! By the way, I like how Parker doesn't ever look any different, just older. My girls can't tell which baby pictures are whose because they look so different than they did as babies.

Anonymous

Parker's chant is now my chant! I'm praying for you guys! Grow, embryos...Grow!

Misty

How many people get to see the miracle of life from the very beginning? Thank you for sharing. Parker is such a sweet young man. He must have great examples of tenderness. I just love reading how sweet he is to you. What a special young man!

Sous Chef Mom

THAT IS COOL!