CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Just a Couple More Days

This morning's Ultra Sound went fine. I just need to do my stim injections one more day! yipee because my lower tummy is bruised and soar like no other.
Wednesday will be trigger day which will be an injection that will drop the eggs into the folicles to be ready for retrieval on Thursday morning. We leave Wednesday afternoon for Boise. We will come home either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning....whichever the Doctor suggests because Transfer is Sunday the 18th and if he says it's cool to drive home and get in my own bed...fine...if not...we will drive home Monday.
Tomorrow morning is going to be super busy. I have to get up early and eat and drink like mad because I have to do a blood draw. From the Provo Hospital I go to Dr. Call's (my Rhueomotologist....the Lupis Doc) He needs to see me so I can get more anxiety medicine. I have been off of it for over 2 weeks....and yikes...I need it. I haven't slept well and I am constantly shaking from nerves.
From there I will go see Ann Marie for a final Ultra Sound and measurement and then a complete run down of all instructions to get ready for surgery or retrieval. Retrieval is a surgery because if they kept a girl awake for that.....oh my.....more painful than I can even imagine. They just take a tiny little vacuum and retrieve all the egss and put them in a fun little dish and the embryologist fertilizes them. Hence the term "test tube baby"
After fertilization and a couple of days to become an embryo the two best are transferred right into the Uterus using ultra sound and a tiny cathedar. I am awake for that....that's no big deal. They keep me still and lying down for about 30 minutes and then I go home and wait for 2 weeks. After retrieval though....I start a daily Progesterone shot that I will have to do for 2-3 weeks. This will be a big dog needle....long and thick and it goes in my back near my hip. But it is an important hormone if I want this to work and to stick and to have a healthy pregnancy.
When all is said and done and if this works....we will have a baby in our arms by Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

Jonathan and Michelle

We wish you guys the best! Do you need help with Parker before you leave on Wednesday? Please call or bring him by if I can help tomorrow. And when you get home he is welcome at my house ANYTIME, he & Alexis play well together!

THE CHASE FAMILY

Good luck Amy. We will be praying for you!

Misty

I will never understand why some people who want and would love a baby so much have such a hard time getting that blessing while others who really don't understand the beautiful miracle throw that blessing away. I do know that Heavenly Father loves you and that I love you. You are a strong woman and you will survive. I look forward to your updates. You are always in my thoughts!

VirtualM

Best of luck! And good riddance, all the needles, but it will be worth it in the end. :)

Sous Chef Mom

Lots of prayers!!!!!!!!!