Another miracle has come to our family. We finally found out this afternoon that the Invitro ...that we have been working on for 6 months was successful. It has been a horribly long and stressful and hard road, but today.....the stress ends.
And of course there was drama just finding out. I got to the hospital at 8:20 am this morning. I waited forever...which was odd. I finally got in there and I was shaking like a leaf. The gal taking my blood has twins from going to a fertility clinic. So she was very understanding and told me that the blood was being sent to be tested right away. So I figured that within the hour, I would be called. Well....hours past. I couldn't breathe. I have been cold all day and shakey. At Noon we decided to call the clinic in Idaho to see what kind of time frame we were looking at. A message came on saying that they were closed due to a lunch meeting. HELLO.....girl freaking out in Spanish Fork but by all means....enjoy your lunch. We let an hour pass and we called again...same message. We let 1/2 hour go by....same message. WHAT? So we decided to call the lab at the hospital. The girl told me that I could get my results myself. So I did. This was around 1:50 pm. She told me that Tuesday's blood test was a 26. Who knows what that means, but it was a 26. And today's test was pending. I said, "what on earth for?" she said good question and put me on hold for 5 minutes. Apparantly there was a problem with the blood tester machine early this morning and my sample must have gotten lost in the big pile of backed up samples. She said she would have it done in 20 minutes. 20 more freakin' minutes. We waited until 2:30 pm and called back. She said that today's test result was 62. Ryan had been messing around on the internet and found a calculator of sorts for IVF patients and the average numbers to these blood results should be in the 20s and then 60s. So we kind of figured but we wanted confirmation. We tried calling Idaho and Dr. Richards....still no answer. We called Ann Marie, the greates Nurse Practicioner ever....Ryan told her the numbers and she let out a big scream of excitement. She told me that the numbers were very solid and that I am considered to be 4 weeks along TODAY! 2 weeks ago today was retrieval day and so ....2 weeks from that would have been my last period had I had a normal one but since this is all done in a petri dish.......aaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Anyway....I am beyond words to be able to express what I am feeling. If i had the means to give every woman out there who struggles to create a family....a way to do IVF.....I would. I have been lucky to have parents and in-laws who have given money and we have saved and saved and acquired money from a grandma who passed away. It just felt right to try again and it has been a long 6 months. Only bad news is that I have to do the long scary shot for 5 more weeks. WHAT!? Seriously...it's big and scary and I have to get up early in the morning.
I have an ultra sound in 3 weeks. That will just help determine that everything is healthy. I'll have another ultra sound 2 weeks after that. I do another blood draw in 10 days.
We love you all. We are grateful for the prayers and the faith on our behalf. We couldn't do this without a cheering section and without loving support. THank you! Thank you! Thank you to Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. And most of all Thank you to the Grace of Our Heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








13 comments:
I am so incredibly happy for you guys, congratulations!!
I am soooo happy for you!!!!! I can't stop the tears from coming as I think about the long road you've taken and the amazing miracle this is. Parker is the sweetest boy ever and he is going to be the most amazing big brother. I know what's it like to grow up with a big brother and this baby will be so lucky!
Congratulations!!!
I am soooo excited for you! When can we find out if you are having twins? I can't wait to find that part out! I love ya and congrats!
Hooray! Yay for you and your family! Please keep us posted on your progress :)
That is wonderful! I have been checking your blog all day waiting for the special news. So happy for you guys.
Congrats Rowan clan!
Amy, Praise God! That is sooo beautifully awesome! I am crying!!! YAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! Have a great pregnancy & birth.
YAY!! Love when its a happy ending (actually, youre more at the beginning...)
GOOD LUCK! your family will be in our prayers for the best!
Congrats-
We are so happy for you guys. That is the best news ever. Hip hip harray.
HOOOOORRRRAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! We are so happy for you! Can't wait til our next trip out to UT to see you guys!
Love ya!
That is so exciting! Congratulations, you deserve it! What a special miracle!
Great news! I'm so very happy for you!
Post a Comment